What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drinking a green hop pale ale (home grown cascade I think) by @dan125 . Refreshing pale, bready malt flavour with an earthy hop flavour. I'm not that experienced with green hop beers so wasn't sure if it was the hops that I had picked up. Bitterness is balanced for the the abv. Gonna go well with my pork balchao tonight. Let's just hope the hammers win, only west ham can have a plus goal difference and still be in the bottom half😳

IMG_20201107_184559.jpg
IMG_20201107_193145.jpg

My Weizenbock, it's good... I think.

Flavours are good, more clove than banana, i'm not sure if it's a little phenolic which puts it out of balance, there's something not quite right, difficult for me to put my finger on.

A pint of my Imperial base malt stout after a month in the bottle. Has initial sweetness and a dry, bitter finish. Not bad, but I'll probably use a more conventional recipe in future :beer1:

Attachments

• IMG_20201107_201616970.jpg
    IMG_20201107_201616970.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 46
Hi all been having a brown ale night tonight fancied a change from hoppy IPAs. Trying all I could find to see which IMO was best!! So for me out of the 4 I could get (anyone now of others would love to try them) for me in
4th place Newcastle brown ale
Nowhere near as good as it used to be.
3rd place Joseph Holt Manchester brown ale. Nice but a little thin tasting.
2nd place Double Maxim really like this
1st place Sam Smiths but brown
Could happily drink them all night. Superb

@matt76 'Podium IPA'

A beautifully hoppy IPA from Matt, I think these are your strength mate.

I have mentioned before, my sense of smell is poor so I often miss things but this ones has a delicate citrus fruit aroma.

Pours well with a lovely thick head, well carbed, a medium body. Golden to look at, slightly hazy not sure if i poured in some yeast or it's chill?

Taste, resinous, spicy, slightly citrus, not much orange which I would have expected with the Amarillo hop. Quite dry, bitterness comes through but it's not overpowering which suits me. I think this is a great beer, nice one!

20201107_203853.jpg

Just thought would love to have a go at brewing a brown ale anyone got a recipe for something like Sam Smiths Nut brown ?

My first Corny kegged beer - A dark rock Birra Italia.
It took less than 1 pint to understand the fuss about Cornys - absolutely worth the investment
The entire family felt this was a commercial quality beer.

View attachment 35187
Pub takeaway again tonight...plus some beers..
Got two pints of Snowdonia pale,two pints of Castle rock harvest pale and the cheeky one in the middle...a free titanic plum porter reserve...which I'm about to sample...
That's a very good freebie! I've been wanting to try it since having the non reserve version

Tonight I've been drinking Punk IPA and my Raspberry Brunette, which now tastes very similar to Bacchus, but sweeter.

The power of beer! I got talking beer the last time I booked a take out meal with beer ...he recognised me on the email order tonight and brought it out for me...said i should pop back for a drink with him when they reopen next week..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back