What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided I need to ease off a bit, being off work for the last 4 weeks I've found my intake has gone up to about 4 beers a day. But I've had a revelation... lemon green tea! It's fruity, citrusy, bitter... it's practically an IPA innit, except it'll make me live longer acheers.

Have you tried it with a shot of vodka?

I've decided I need to ease off a bit, being off work for the last 4 weeks I've found my intake has gone up to about 4 beers a day.

To be honest I'm quite shocked the amount of beer that people drink on here on a daily basis.
I love a quaff, but I do try and moderate the amount.
Beer is the only thing that makes me sociable :laugh8:

Personally, I only sup over the (long) weekend (fri - Sun) as normally I'm at the gym and calorie watching after becoming a tad chunky.
But I fully understand that makes me a little unusual 'worrying' about what is going in compared to what I'm using.

It's a personal thing, everyone's level is different.
It's a macho, bloke-y thing too, understood.

It's understanding the balance and where it is I guess.

Anyway, I have a Orange Sour IPA with my name on it....

20201115_221225.jpg

This time last year I decided to get back into brewing, it took a lot of soul searching to make that decision.
Last year I'd started to journey to loose a **** tonne of weight that I'd accrued, by joining the gym and putting money on the table.
I knew that kick starting brewing again I'd be putting easy temptation in my path.

But to be fair I'm striking a generally reasonable balance, I'm fitter than I've been in gonks yonks and feeling well for it. But I'm still quaffing :hat:

Actually me too :laugh8:
This is not usual for me, my consumption gradually crept up considerably this year. I'm going to do something about it now before it gets out of control, back to only one per night I think.
I am the type to save my one a day up and have 7 on a Saturday night. Since joining this forum I have got my eyes opened. I could be working a Sunday and boys are on the sauce before midday.
English people seem to have a different drinking culture to Ireland. I am a night person. Once I know I don't have to move and the children are sorted I enjoy a beer. Like now everyone is bed I am listening to the tunes on YouTube.
If my wife seen me drinking at 12 in the afternoon I would get some strange looks

I will admit that i drink more than is recomended by phe, and by that i mean i am not staggering about from morning till night, retirement is good and bad in a lot of ways i do what i want am fairly healthy for my age good home cooked diet loads of veggies and fish pretty balanced really, i do go a bit daft when watching Liverpool on tv overall i live a life i enjoy without being misrable if it ends tomorrow so be it :beer1:

I will admit that i drink more than is recomended by phe, and by that i mean i am not staggering about from morning till night, retirement is good and bad in a lot of ways i do what i want am fairly healthy for my age good home cooked diet loads of veggies and fish pretty balanced really, i do go a bit daft when watching Liverpool on tv overall i live a life i enjoy without being misrable if it ends tomorrow so be it :beer1:
I get a bit animated myself watching Liverpool. Having no luck at the minute with injuries and covid. Liverpool is a great city my two sons are at university there. I haven't been over for a while due to the current ***** storm

I get a bit animated myself watching Liverpool. Having no luck at the minute with injuries and covid. Liverpool is a great city my two sons are at university there. I haven't been over for a while due to the current ***** storm
I live 22 miles away and go quite a lot Sam greatest city in world great people humour its got it all, Manchester is nearer to me 12 miles no contest athumb..

I am the type to save my one a day up and have 7 on a Saturday night. Since joining this forum I have got my eyes opened.

Very much the same for me, I've always been a 'weekend only' drinker, that worked well as a youngster but as I'm getting older I'm finding that I'm more drawn towards the concept of having one or two beers with a meal several times a week than knocking back a gallon on a Friday night.

Since I've been brewing AG (all of about three/four months) I'm definitely more inclined to savour each beer (had a particularly nice pale/saaz smash tonight that I almost chucked a few weeks ago for being too hoppy but it's mellowing nicely) and make sure there's plenty left for another day, weirdly ironic that being more active on a homebrew forum has made me change decades of drinking habits!

I live 22 miles away and go quite a lot Sam greatest city in world great people humour its got it all, Manchester is nearer to me 12 miles no contest athumb..
Great people, they have a lot of time for the Irish. I had many a great weekend over there. I had my stag which was bunker's. I ended up naked on stage with belt around my neck getting walked like a dog. That's about 6 years ago, you couldn't make it up 😀😀😀

I've started with this one. It's fine but rather forgettable.
oUwd0Tx.jpg
I grew up in Halifax, when the choice was between Webster's Green Label and Webster's Bitter. It's all a bit better now, although I do miss the Green Label! I find Vocation a bit hit and miss, very good when they aren't overdoing the citra for their Tesco cans - Bread and Butter on tap is fab. The most consistently excellent brewery in town is Little Valley with Moor Ale easily in my top five beers. And a shout out for Stod Fold - have just ordered a mini keg of their Marzen - as Halifax has been closed to visitors pretty much all the time since March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back