What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not my usual style but it's good stuff! I'm picking up a bit of a Clutch vibe from it, with the heavy southern rock sound.
Alice in chains unplugged live on MTV. Unbelievable if you know the back story. To see a man perform like that in the height of his addiction. Really sad not many had a voice like Layne Staley.

I was actually booked to go over for the parade for winning the league. 30 year wait and covid wrecked it.
i wanted to go but like you say covid stopped it, i remember taking my son and father in law on the tour of Anfield in 1995 he was 5 he is 30 now had to pick him up to touch the sign, i love to just go and sit looking out over the Mersey so many memories, i even do it when i go to my mates house in warrington the mersey is just over the road athumb..

i wanted to go but like you say covid stopped it, i remember taking my son and father in law on the tour of Anfield in 1995 he was 5 he is 30 now had to pick him up to touch the sign, i love to just go and sit looking out over the Mersey so many memories, i even do it when i go to my mates house in warrington the mersey is just over the road athumb..
I have some great memories of my trips over. I used to stay in the hostel, not much point paying for a hotel when your on the ****. One time we really struggled to get some where to stay. Liverpool were playing at home and I think the horse racing was on.
I got us booked into some hostel 10 pounds a night. When we landed he showed us the room. It was a big dorm lined with bunk beds. I am from a big family I have 8 brothers so sharing a room is normal. In the room a boy was there that looked like a homeless person who collected plastic bags. One of the boys with us turned green and said he can't say in a place like this.
I busted out laughing the owner landed in told us he had a pool table down in the basement and sold cans all night for a pound.
What a weekend 😀😀

Alice in chains unplugged live on MTV. Unbelievable if you know the back story. To see a man perform like that in the height of his addiction. Really sad not many had a voice like Layne Staley.
Unpopular opinion incoming: I dont get it with Alice in Chains. They supported Metallica when I saw them about 10 years ago in Dublin and I almost fell asleep during their performance. I'm willing to give them another chance though, so for someone like me who doesn't really know them, which one song would you pick to demonstrate their greatness? Edit: Actually one isn't really fair, I'll listen to three studio songs of your choice to change my mind.

Unpopular opinion incoming: I dont get it with Alice in Chains. They supported Metallica when I saw them about 10 years ago in Dublin and I almost fell asleep during their performance. I'm willing to give them another chance though, so for someone like me who doesn't really know them, which one song would you pick to demonstrate their greatness? Edit: Actually one isn't really fair, I'll listen to three studio songs of your choice to change my mind.
I would say maybe nutshell or roaster. To be honest I am not a missive fan of grunge/rock but I love listening to bands unplugged. Back to basics, nirvana, stone temple pilots, Chris Cornell, Eddie vedder.

Yeah don't judge the recent AiC with the 90s AiC, the new version sans Staley is a bit boring.

Studio wise I am enamored with Sap, but for a first listen I would go:
Nutshell
Would
Am I inside

Cornell makes and appearance on the last one. edit: sorry Cornell is on right turn not am I inside. Both are awesome.

But definitely give Dirt and Sap a listen to. Then I would go jar of flies, facelift and the eponymous album, which is more like the newer stuff.

Oh and Clutch, don't hear much about them, but they are still at it.

Last edited:
This bottle de-labelling business is thirsty work...
IMG_20201116_110248.jpg

First tasting of my Christmas chocolate milk stout. Very disappointing so far.
It's not terrible, but it's definitely below average. Zero head retention, and looked kind of flat when I poured it. Maybe it needs longer to carb up properly? I'm getting a hint of chocolate but that's about it. Hopefully time will be kind and it'll be nice by Christmas.

This bottle de-labelling business is thirsty work... View attachment 35748
First tasting of my Christmas chocolate milk stout. Very disappointing so far.
It's not terrible, but it's definitely below average. Zero head retention, and looked kind of flat when I poured it. Maybe it needs longer to carb up properly? I'm getting a hint of chocolate but that's about it. Hopefully time will be kind and it'll be nice by Christmas.
Did you use cacao nibs? The only time I made one of these I did and the head was **** throughout which I now believe to have been down to fats in the nibs which some folk separate out first

Did you use cacao nibs? The only time I made one of these I did and the head was **** throughout which I now believe to have been down to fats in the nibs which some folk separate out first
No, but I've used them twice before and not had a problem. I couldn't find them anywhere this time and used cocoa powder instead.

I did have a problem fermenting this one so perhaps the yeast is just being slow and needs more time to carb. It did get nicer as it warmed up so I haven't lost all hope yet.

Starting tonight like the last few nights with a pint of my English Pale. Time to finish this one off now I think. In the background, I’ve test fitted (to test positioning) some guttering to catch the condensation from my heat exchanger. The drain pipe is just going to a bucket for now. Cheers!

5A0C8CE6-6138-4C8F-B611-9FF6DE7ECB56.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back