What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Amarillo. Not bad though I will definitely dry hop next time
20201117_183350.jpg

Cider.

Or, more precisely, leftover slops from an experiment: 6 release candidates from a preliminary press at the start of August, the winner of which will decide what we do with the 200-ish litres we pressed in September. Obviously no carbonation yet and just out of secondary, but a good deal more drinkable than last year's effort. Looking forward to 2021 already...

DSCF0740.jpeg

Just finished a winter saison shared by @samale. Only beer I have had this evening so I savoured it over an hour or so. Very enjoyable beer 👍🏼. Dark Brown, nicely carbonated with fruity Brett aroma. Saison yeast,malt and Brett all tasted great together. It tasted dry intially, and then a slight perception of sweetness which I wasn't sure if it came from the malt, higher alcohol or something to do with the Brett flavours. Really enjoyed it. What malts did you use and what was the FG?
IMG_20201117_193821.jpg

Just finished a winter saison shared by @samale. Only beer I have had this evening so I savoured it over an hour or so. Very enjoyable beer 👍🏼. Dark Brown, nicely carbonated with fruity Brett aroma. Saison yeast,malt and Brett all tasted great together. It tasted dry intially, and then a slight perception of sweetness which I wasn't sure if it came from the malt, higher alcohol or something to do with the Brett flavours. Really enjoyed it. What malts did you use and what was the FG?
View attachment 35824
Thats the recipe I followed, it finished at 1.008 making it 7% abv. The recipe predicted 1.005 so I played it safe with the carbonation. I really would of liked more carbonation I am hoping it improves in time. The beer is now nearly 5 months old. It's in the bottles 8 week's.
Winter Saison ( more or less the recipe on homebrew association )

5.5kg Vienna
120g chocolate
120g special W
120g carafa 2
120g roasted barley cold steeped then added to the boil
20 g Magnum @60 mins
500g dried prunes soaked in red wine@ day 14

Yeast WLP 670 farmhouse Brett Saison.
This will be aged for 12 weeks before bottling.

Thats the recipe I followed, it finished at 1.008 making it 7% abv. The recipe predicted 1.005 so I played it safe with the carbonation. I really would of liked more carbonation I am hoping it improves in time. The beer is now nearly 5 months old. It's in the bottles 8 week's.
Winter Saison ( more or less the recipe on homebrew association )

5.5kg Vienna
120g chocolate
120g special W
120g carafa 2
120g roasted barley cold steeped then added to the boil
20 g Magnum @60 mins
500g dried prunes soaked in red wine@ day 14

Yeast WLP 670 farmhouse Brett Saison.
This will be aged for 12 weeks before bottling.
Excellent, might have to have a go at this one at some point..could have been the flavour from the prunes that gave that slight sweetness.

After the longest, and most severe lock down in the world, took a drive to the rugged south west coast of Victoria. Visited two breweries while away, and listening to my wife, that a tasting paddle of 5 shot glasses, 2 schooner's and a pot of beer added up to 8 drinks and therefore makes me an alcoholic. It was good to get back and drink my own beer.
Aussie Pale Ale.
003.JPG

I have never had one of those but need to find one now!

That bottle and a handful more were bought on slurp.co.uk. Who provided Immaculate packaging and delivery times. I was buying a couple of Christmas presents and these helped me get to minimum order value for free delivery, which unfortunately is quite high.

To follow that start, I'm taking another large step away from my usual choices of style to continue my 'research' of Belgian beers beyond dubbels and quadruples. To that end, I bought a few bottles of this and the Braun on my latest supermarket order with a view to also reusing the bottles.

_20201118_152153.JPG

Studio wise I am enamored with Sap, but for a first listen I would go:
Nutshell
Would
Am I inside
Ok so I've had time now to give all three of these a proper listen, and... I'm sorry but they did nothing for me. I'm not saying it was bad by any means, but it just didn't connect with me. The guy has a good voice, there's no denying that, but in general vocals are probably the last thing that grabs my attention when I listen to music, I'm a guitar and drums man personally.

Another thing I found interesting was looking at some of the YouTube comments on these songs, at how "dark/haunting/chilling/depressing" they were. Maybe I've been listening to too much Cult of Luna, but these songs sounded almost upbeat to me :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back