What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reverse Osmosis. The system is a series of increasing fine filters with a special membrane at itā€™s heart that is ā€œsemi-permeableā€ - it has holes in that are just large enough for water molecules but stops pretty much everything else. Pretty much pure water comes out, no minerals.
Ah, not quite RO then. Still good for the steam iron!

Got one nearly ready to package so might try it with verdant on my next one. athumb..
I don't think you'll be disappointed, I've got another in the fv at the moment with extra Hop additions and I'm going to do another next week too.... Stock up for Christmas šŸ˜

Ok so I've had time now to give all three of these a proper listen, and... I'm sorry but they did nothing for me. I'm not saying it was bad by any means, but it just didn't connect with me. The guy has a good voice, there's no denying that, but in general vocals are probably the last thing that grabs my attention when I listen to music, I'm a guitar and drums man personally.

Another thing I found interesting was looking at some of the YouTube comments on these songs, at how "dark/haunting/chilling/depressing" they were. Maybe I've been listening to too much Cult of Luna, but these songs sounded almost upbeat to me :oops:
Yeah music is like that, I was listening to these guys 25 years ago in my youth and they were super unique and fresh then. Now though there is so much good music out there without the nostalgia I get what you are saying. I feel that way about Nirvana and Tool, never really listened to them back in the days and they are just ok for me now. You a Soundgarden fan by chance? I wonder if you feel the same about them?

I have never heard of cult of Luna will give them a listen. I like dark and melancholy.

You a Soundgarden fan by chance? I wonder if you feel the same about them?
I'm not, I think I got into music a little too late for the grunge scene, nu metal had started to take over by that point I'm a little embarrassed to say. (PS. I'm not a nu metal fan for the record, but I do like a bit of SOAD.)
I have never heard of cult of Luna will give them a listen. I like dark and melancholy.
One of my favourite bands but I'll be honest, they're not the most accessible, even for metal, and definitely not easy, casual listening.

IMG_20201118_173926.jpg

Next..#3 Tribute clone...not bad at all! It's had a few hours chilling...it's had a couple of weeks carbing...it's bang on! Hops are popping and it's crisp and mouth watering!
As it's #3 I'm wondering...would I change it at #4....?? I've used Notty twice..St Austell told me to keep to an "English ale" yeast. Now..we know Notty is good for English ale styles and it behaves giving crystal clear beers...do I dare a yeast change? I'm pretty well pleased with it though...seems like the malt bill change and water change have worked. I should add I thought #2 was lacking in a bit of hop profile so I did a hop stand..this has definitely worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back