What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, this was my retirement gift to myself and the project has given me a lot of pleasure (and the odd headache) along the way. For a brewing enthusiast, I’d recommend it! athumb..
I see such a project in my near future, although I am still thinking of using air cooling. Hmmm.

After a shitty week, I'm finally allowed a beer and after 2 of my ipa's which are beginning to get a bit of hop fade I've poured myself @samale cardamom saison.

He very kindly gave me quite a choice of beers to choose from and I chose the saison because I'm not familiar with the style.

Lovely pour with a nice thick head which lasts, a bit hazy, almost lemony look about it.

Aroma, a bit bready at first giving over to a peppery, spicy bouquet 😄.

Flavour, fruity, spicy, a little bready again leading to a peppery spiciness much like the aroma. Quite dry.

Light to medium bodied, well carbonated, acidic.

This is brilliant mate, I love it, I mean, I'm not sure what a saison should taste like but going by the bjcp guidelines it fits pretty well and I think this is fantastic. Would I buy this in a pub and then buy it again and again? Yes I certainly would. 👍

I should post a pic.

20201126_201050.jpg

I really look forward to following your progress as you do it. How will you cool the air?
Probably a small airco unit like you bought at first. I want to do multiple compartments for serving and fermenting so maybe something like yours would be better. Or perhaps two cooling units. Although for simplicity sakes I might be better off with 2 chest freezers.

After a shitty week, I'm finally allowed a beer and after 2 of my ipa's which are beginning to get a bit of hop fade I've poured myself @samale cardamom saison.

He very kindly gave me quite a choice of beers to choose from and I chose the saison because I'm not familiar with the style.

Lovely pour with a nice thick head which lasts, a bit hazy, almost lemony look about it.

Aroma, a bit bready at first giving over to a peppery, spicy bouquet 😄.

Flavour, fruity, spicy, a little bready again leading to a peppery spiciness much like the aroma. Quite dry.

Light to medium bodied, well carbonated, acidic.

This is brilliant mate, I love it, I mean, I'm not sure what a saison should taste like but going by the bjcp guidelines it fits pretty well and I think this is fantastic. Would I buy this in a pub and then buy it again and again? Yes I certainly would. 👍
Glad you enjoyed it, I was actually surprised you went for that one. Thats 7% its dangerously easy to drink :beer1:

Last edited:
View attachment 36423

First try of the forum xmas brew, wow, could eat it with a spoon. More roasty than chocolate, but the wife thought she could taste choc. Needs a few more weeks conditioning but am very pleased.
Did you follow the recipe? Mine sits patiently on the shelf in the brew shed...waiting until 17th December when I shall be off for 17 days...I shall then try a sip...

Levels running a bit short, so gambling on the bottles left in the corner of the garage. No idea what it was supposed to be, but it's citrussy and fresh. Will try another random one next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back