What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
506C4C8A-F304-4711-81CC-89B06062F3AB.jpeg
I can practically see the angry mob at my door, going by the best before date and vague memories of drinking it a few years back I think this dates from the summer of 2018.

Flavour wise well it doesn’t really have a flavour per say, served ice-cold when it’s thirty degrees and I have being stuck on a overcrowded train with no air conditioning I recall it being rather pleasant, on a rather dreary day in November it’s just a bit mediocre.

I have about a dozen bottles of this out in the garage which I will try to remember about come Summer 2021.

just realised the medication i was prescribed for the first time yesterday forbids anything with grapefruit. that's my last triple IPA out the window for a spell (and maybe explains the awful indigestion last night). luckily the one prior to that didn't feature any so cheers!

Tonight I’ve burrowed to the back of the pantry and found my prize - a strong bitter from @dave_77

I have no idea what I’m in for when Dave says it’s a strong bitter. Ah well, strap in!

Just a light psst as I cracked the cap but the beer is nicely carbonated and easily formed a light airy off-white head. The head faded quickly to a light blanket over the surface that then stuck around. The crystal clear beer is a beautiful dark copper and is drawing me in...

The aroma is outstanding - raisins, plums, prunes and dark caramel malt, all really distinct and clean on the nose.

The flavour is the same but in reverse! There’s a little extra something that’s slightly woody hiding in the shadows. This is a really clean and lovely flavoured beer. Nice level of bitterness and it has nice body. The finish is also clean and fades slowly although most of the time I didn’t wait!

Dave, I really enjoyed this beer and if it were served to me in a pub, I might well stay with it all night.

Great job athumb..

CF1E6F74-B9E3-4214-AAA7-6E9FDDB7CA6B.jpeg

Last pint out of a 5l mini keg of Spitfire. Well earned - grafted outside all day burying the cat-6 I have run out to the brewcave which is now helping to smoothly stream the rugby out here. Finished off by giving the lawn its last mow (hopefully) of the year practically in the dark.ill look forward to having the bits I've missed pointed out to me at sunrise tomorrow

20201128_171024.jpg

just realised the medication i was prescribed for the first time yesterday forbids anything with grapefruit. that's my last triple IPA out the window for a spell (and maybe explains the awful indigestion last night). luckily the one prior to that didn't feature any so cheers!

Lots of meds prohibit grapefruit. Pretty sure the amounts in an IPA would be fine. Unlikely to be the reason for your indigestion the reason grapefruit is off the menu is because for some reason it can massively enhance the effect of the drug. *I am not a doctor.

Starting off pale n fruity tonight with Deya’s ‘I don’t know circuitry’ pale ale.
nice too 🍺...

Attachments

• F6749B30-4735-4F61-B705-7E8F08188068.jpeg
    F6749B30-4735-4F61-B705-7E8F08188068.jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 46
Lots of meds prohibit grapefruit. Pretty sure the amounts in an IPA would be fine. Unlikely to be the reason for your indigestion the reason grapefruit is off the menu is because for some reason it can massively enhance the effect of the drug. *I am not a doctor.
good to know. i slapped 1L of grapefruit juice on top of a 19L brew. so i'll lay off it for a bit just to be on the safe side.

This is correct. So unless you are putting actual grapefruit in a drink you will be ok. Grapefruit flavour from hops is ok.

No, not that one, I don’t remember trying that one. I’m talking about “Bouncy Bouncy Elephants”. I remember describing it as a really strong vodka and orange, then add passion fruit until it’s too much, and finish with something sweet but I can’t remember what it was - maybe mango?

View attachment 36297

Their “Manfred” IPA was quite nice too.

Edit: Found it!

Ooh that sounds nasty! Looked like I dodged a bullet as my hand was hovering over it!

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/what-are-you-drinking-tonight-2020.86686/post-947052

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back