What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting the night with a Lager from No Frills Joe...nice and fresh 🍺
IMG_20201128_183448.jpg

And now for something completely different. Another substitute from this week's shop and another that seems to have had some good intentioned thought put into it. I ordered black sheep Riggwelter (a long standing favourite of mine) and instead received session pale ale, brewed on behalf of my generation by their friends at black sheep.
Pleasantly surprised by this so far, the mix of hops seems to give a nice balance, not too floral, no overpowering citrus. Lasting bitterness. Add this to the list of pales ales that I'll happily try again.

_20201128_201825.JPG

_20201128_202504.JPG

Last edited:
I'm about two thirds through this barrel of Youngs America IPA but still nicely carbed from the intial sugar priming a month ago, served at an ambient 12 C in my shed.
IMG_2020-11-28-19-23-30-293 (1).jpg

This Brooklyn Defender IPA is the official beer of New York Comic con - well I'm no nerd but i enjoyed it's bready,
golden maltiness, classic Cascade hopping and bitter finish
IMG_2020-11-28-18-49-36-785.jpg

Tonight I’ve burrowed to the back of the pantry and found my prize - a strong bitter from @dave_77

I have no idea what I’m in for when Dave says it’s a strong bitter. Ah well, strap in!

Just a light psst as I cracked the cap but the beer is nicely carbonated and easily formed a light airy off-white head. The head faded quickly to a light blanket over the surface that then stuck around. The crystal clear beer is a beautiful dark copper and is drawing me in...

The aroma is outstanding - raisins, plums, prunes and dark caramel malt, all really distinct and clean on the nose.

The flavour is the same but in reverse! There’s a little extra something that’s slightly woody hiding in the shadows. This is a really clean and lovely flavoured beer. Nice level of bitterness and it has nice body. The finish is also clean and fades slowly although most of the time I didn’t wait!

Dave, I really enjoyed this beer and if it were served to me in a pub, I might well stay with it all night.

Great job athumb..

View attachment 36523
Glad you liked it😬, I'm also glad it has not lost its mojo as I bottled off the keg and it always worries me how long they will stay fresh ( must have been 6 weeks plus).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back