What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a couple of cans of punk tonight. Has Brewdog changed the recipe or have I just been spoilt with all the overly hoppy brews going around nowadays? I remember it being much hoppier.
double punk is closer to the original taste imo - only problem is its 8.2% now instead of 5.6%. Oh hang on that's not a problem.

I’m feeling a bit like that bloke sitting on “his” stool at the end of the bar! Anyone else coming out to play?

View attachment 36673
I'm there with you too, just another of my pilsners so no pic. Actually this might be one of my best ever brews, so if it doesn't do considerably better in the competition than my entry last month I'm giving up brewing forever. No pressure @MickDundee.

I'm there with you too, just another of my pilsners so no pic. Actually this might be one of my best ever brews, so if it doesn't do considerably better in the competition than my entry last month I'm giving up brewing forever. No pressure @MickDundee.

Ah Bless Thank you! 🤗

You did win the (ahem!) American Pale competition and one or two before that. You have to share, Steve😂

Pint of my latest Belgian Pale to accompany the football
IMG_20201130_195121.jpg

Being in the wilderness – between brews – and drinking bottles purchased, I am finding a 50/50 mix of Dartmoor Jail Ale and Fullers Golden Pride a very satisfactory substitute.

I’m feeling a bit like that bloke sitting on “his” stool at the end of the bar! Anyone else coming out to play?

Best of mondays to you !
Having a glass just to check on the pressure as I edge towards the end of my barrel of Youngs US IPA,
whilst dry hopping my pilsener(with M84) which has been sat in the cool of the shed for last 3+ weeks.

double punk is closer to the original taste imo - only problem is its 8.2% now instead of 5.6%. Oh hang on that's not a problem.
I've got their advent calendar to start opening tomorrow, I think there's a double punk in there for me to try.

Had a can of 5am Saint today, one of my favourites from Brewdog, then a can of Amundsen Brewery's Lorita which was OK but nothing special.
IMG_20201129_152618.jpg
IMG_20201130_160637_148.jpg

I also did a beer swap with someone from my Instagram so I've got all these goodies to try!
IMG_20201130_194610.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201129_152618.jpg
    IMG_20201129_152618.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 38
Clearing out. 2 year old bottle of v dry turbo cider whilst I get the tea on. My one and only attempt. Interestingly I back sweetened a few with stevia and they aged v badly and went down the sink. These none sweetened ones are just about fine albeit a tad oxidised. Fizzy. Cold.
20201201_172904.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back