What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight’s delight is elusive brewing American red ale,all grain recipe kit bought from the MaltMiller. It’s a bloody marvellous beer indeed! Kegged about 4 weeks ago

Attachments

• C2806538-3A15-4E1D-A0D1-33AED464B37C.jpeg
    C2806538-3A15-4E1D-A0D1-33AED464B37C.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 54
I've got their advent calendar to start opening tomorrow, I think there's a double punk in there for me to try.

Had a can of 5am Saint today, one of my favourites from Brewdog, then a can of Amundsen Brewery's Lorita which was OK but nothing special. View attachment 36686View attachment 36687
I also did a beer swap with someone from my Instagram so I've got all these goodies to try! View attachment 36688
I'm no so sure about the double punk i've only seen it in a 440 can and the brewdog advent calendar (My son has one) looks like 330's only.

I am curious if it was brewed with pilsner malt but couldn't find a recipe. I haven't used pilsner for an ale, think I might try it
Yeah i definitely got that honey like sweetness you get with pils in there.

Oh and I had an accidental sneak peak in my box as it wasn't sealed very well, there's definitely some 440ml sized cans in there 👍🏼

@dave_77 dropped off a couple of beers (he must be taking pity on me!).

First up is this Belgian Pale at 5.5%

25275B09-5A95-41A0-9259-268E79B72378.jpeg

The beer poured nicely and is a nice copper colour, crystal clear as usual and bright as a shiny bright thing.

Carbonation was quite soft but was plenty good enough, I think this one might be bottled from the keg. The aroma was typical Belgian - nice and I’m already wanting to dive in.

The flavour is typically Belgian too - very nice. Now I’m going to get on and enjoy it!

Thanks Dave, beautiful ( er..the beer)

@dave_77 dropped off a couple of beers (he must be taking pity on me!).

First up is this Belgian Pale at 5.5%

View attachment 36790

The beer poured nicely and is a nice copper colour, crystal clear as usual and bright as a shiny bright thing.

Carbonation was quite soft but was plenty good enough, I think this one might be bottled from the keg. The aroma was typical Belgian - nice and I’m already wanting to dive in.

The flavour is typically Belgian too - very nice. Now I’m going to get on and enjoy it!

Thanks Dave, beautiful ( er..the beer)
No problems.enjoy🍺

Last orders at the bar!

This is the final call for entries to the secret Santa swap, as of 12pm tomorrow no more entries will be accepted! I will then begin sending the PMs (currently 45 of them so bear with me :oops:) with the addresses.

Did someone mention the bar? Day 3 of my beer advent calendar.

5928C73C-8391-4768-BB17-8EF92F73E954.jpeg

It’s a passion fruit and grapefruit IPA, you can smell passion fruit and you can taste grapefruit! Nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back