What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20201204_180034.jpg

This is from Pennine...
I've been very much looking forward to trying this beer. It's an American wheat... Gumballhead clone...with Amarillo.
It opens with a fantastic POP! Lively carbonation and great head formation and retention.
Pours easily with the fluffy head wanting to rise from the glass! Aroma..fresh tropical fruit with a slight dankness behind it...tastes like it smells with a nice firm but not harsh bitterness. Sweet,fruit lingering...you need another sip!
This is just my thing!! I have everything in stock too!!
Thanks for sending me a bottle Pennine...it's a winner!!
There's something going in the post tomorrow for you.
Cheers!!
Clint

Quite relieved to find a relatively normal dipa behind door 4 of my advent, after yesterday's pastry fruited sour and the dipa with grapes the day before.
Super bright hop character in this from the 'secret' new hop products they've apparently used.
Usually a bit disappointed with these collab beers but this is as good as most verdant dipas ive tried.
Roll on tomorrow 👍
20201204_181128.jpg

Brown Ale while watching an old favourite. Cheers! 🍻

View attachment 36893

A very festive scene. Our tree pitched up the other day but not been erected yet as the stump of it is too big to fit in the stand. Its now **** wet through where its been sat out in the elements and looks like it might need a bit of 'chainsaw art' to taper the bottom. A task no doubt outside of my limited skill set.

I'm now on the last of the tanqueray that had been earmarked to top up the kilner of damson gin.

The axe is on my short list of tools for this one, along with a set of particularly robust chisels and the black & decker Scorpion.

4FD53C96-8C18-40A1-A376-DD92D7828487.jpeg
After drinking an 11% imperial stout I decided to go for something lighter, Little Ox Imperial Toad (a mere 9.8%).

Taste wise it actually is a fair bit lighter, with a much drier finish than the Black is Beautiful I had earlier. Its nice when your local brewery actually produces beer worth drinking.

Today's advent offering, a Snow Ball
IMG_20201204_171056_293.jpg

Nice cream soda aroma to it with a bit of malt. The flavour was the opposite, more malty with a creamy aftertaste. Fairly bitter too, which surprised me as I assumed it would be a smooth creamy beer. Not bad, but not great. Definitely interesting.

View attachment 36882
This is from Pennine...
I've been very much looking forward to trying this beer. It's an American wheat... Gumballhead clone...with Amarillo.
It opens with a fantastic POP! Lively carbonation and great head formation and retention.
Pours easily with the fluffy head wanting to rise from the glass! Aroma..fresh tropical fruit with a slight dankness behind it...tastes like it smells with a nice firm but not harsh bitterness. Sweet,fruit lingering...you need another sip!
This is just my thing!! I have everything in stock too!!
Thanks for sending me a bottle Pennine...it's a winner!!
There's something going in the post tomorrow for you.
Cheers!!
Clint
Glad you liked it, did it hit the refreshing and lemony description?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back