What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Summer Breeze. Sorry. 🤷‍♂️

2478A87E-C726-4D9F-8960-A871A31DEC90.jpeg

1) A beer from Aldi, brewed by "Harper’s Brewing Company" (what is this? Marston's? Morland's, if it still exists?). Not bad at all Malcolm. Tasty. 5%. Good price, ISTR £1.09p..
2) A ginger 'orrible, made with 18oz sugar, 4 tsp ginger, nutrient, cit. acid, recycled Wilko Gervin Universal, to make 2L. Not bad. Better stop at a pint. Possibly as good as "Church's Ginger Wine". I feel hot.

Last edited:
Alright moving on to abbot reserve, it's not bad but also not too distinct, leans a bit sweet. I am definitely enjoying it though.

This reminds me to find another bottle of the S&N Christmas Ale before its too late.

Current rankings:
Shepherd and Neame Christmas Ale
Fuller's Vintage Ale
Old Crafty Hen
King Goblin
Old Peculier
Abbot Reseve
McEwans Champion
Fullers ESB
Fullers 1845
Old Tom

Trying out this tynt meadow English trappist ale. I was really hoping it would be alike a belgian trappist but it's definitely an english yeast. It's good a bit sweet, probably like a chimay blue brewed with s-04. Low carbonation.

20201229_155211.jpg

Last edited:
First time Ive ventured into the brewcave since 23rd as I lookto rekindle my mojo. Finally kegged my Tinsel Toes kit and gave the keezer a bit of a sorting out. Anyway first up is my 80 shilling which I didn't get on with but now its a bit more carbed I think the carbonic bite counters the (over) sweetness. Its also had another month since I last had a pint. If nothing else appearance wise its a handsome brew - deep chestnut colour and clear as a bell.

20201229_160448.jpg

First taster of my tripel after a week in the bottle. Very pleased with it thus far, and I reckon with a little time this could be really good.
KDar04w.jpg
How long do you reckon a Triple actually needs in the bottle to be at its best, I am bottling mine tonight and have seen anything from fine in two weeks to don’t touch it for at least three months,

Coopers Canadian Blonde that has been in the bottle for 3 months roughly. Easy drinking and quite refreshing. Not too gassy though. Would have preferred a bit more bubbles. Not sure what I would compare it too though??

Attachments

• 20201229_202632.jpg
    20201229_202632.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 112
How long do you reckon a Triple actually needs in the bottle to be at its best, I am bottling mine tonight and have seen anything from fine in two weeks to don’t touch it for at least three months,
Depends on the beer really and is probably impossible to say. It should keep very well for a long time but that's not to say it won't be at its best within a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back