What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a pride and joy to settle my nerves.
I currently have 28L of West Coast AIPA wort chilled in the Brewdevil, but thanks to the broken plastic piece of fermentasaurus in the picture, nothing watertight to ferment it in aheadbutt
Just pressure testing my work around now and keeping everything crossed.
View attachment 38584

You’re welcome to borrow a couple of 30l fermenting buckets if you want them.

One of my American Pale Ales, one of the candidates for the January comp.

5CC6AF20-80EA-41DA-8E81-FED012EA771A.jpeg

74115BF6-BA78-4B99-A43E-F11EE5F8C6A4.jpeg
GH Yorkshire Bitter, (and yes the glass probably needs a clean) but the beer itself remains lovely my brew schedule is full for the next month to six weeks but plan to brew this again at some point it’s just a lovely pint.

Also fermentation at the moment may be a pain but it’s lovely to have beer at just the right temperature without needing any refrigeration.

How long do you reckon a Triple actually needs in the bottle to be at its best, I am bottling mine tonight and have seen anything from fine in two weeks to don’t touch it for at least three months,
3 months for my current one to be worth opening and the same recipe with a 12+ months old bottle is smoother again.

3 months for my current one to be worth opening and the same recipe with a 12+ months old bottle is smoother again.
Hi thanks for the feedback, I’ve mostly tended towards session ales which are drinkable in a few weeks so a 9% Triple is a bit of a departure from my norm which rarely exceed 5%. Despite being a pain to do I am glad I bottled this batch as will properly try a bottle or two a month to see how it matures (might also try and put a few bottles in the garage to forget about for a year or more).

I have been having mostly a mixture of apple juice, tea and ginger, still cloudy, up at about 8.5% ABV. Sonething about it annoys me. Ginger and sugar fermented with Wilko's universal grevin makes a nice drign, but with appel jiuce, not so much. I feel an experiment coming on, but bed called ages ago.

My Tripel came out of the fermenter three weeks ago 🤭
Seems we have three weeks, three months and a year or more as options, I suppose the scientific thing to do would be to brew another batch at 9 weeks so I can try one at 3 weeks and one at three months side by side. And another couple of batches later on so I can try a three week, three month and twelve month one side by side.

Seems we have three weeks, three months and a year or more as options, I suppose the scientific thing to do would be to brew another batch at 9 weeks so I can try one at 3 weeks and one at three months side by side. And another couple of batches later on so I can try a three week, three month and twelve month one side by side.

I’m not the most patient of brewers. 😂

I can only say I’m *really* enjoying this beer at three weeks. I’d love to give you an update at three months and a year but we both know it’s not going to last that long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back