What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying my trillium sleeper street clone for the first time, fantastic head retention but it's got a way to go yet, malty with almost a banana flavour, there's a lot going on in this glass at the moment, it's a decent beer but feel it will get better over timeView attachment 27576
That’s a lovely colour fuzzy. Recipe?

I’m surprised you’ve got that colour with that malt bill. Did you follow it to the letter or was their some artistic licence?

First try of my 6.5% single malt citra/mosaic IPA after changing my cold side process slightly.
One week in FV (with a big old yeast pitch) and one week in the keg and it's lovely, albeit a bit hazy.
Really impressed with the Crafty Malsters pale malt and think I might do a similar smash brew with the 300g Moutere in the freezer 🤔
acheers.
20200613_183841.jpg

I’m surprised you’ve got that colour with that malt bill. Did you follow it to the letter or was their some artistic licence?
I did the malt extract route rather than AG it said 450g spraymalt but spraymalt comes in 500g bags so chucked it all in etc 🤣

Loo
First try of my 6.5% single malt citra/mosaic IPA after changing my cold side process slightly.
One week in FV (with a big old yeast pitch) and one week in the keg and it's lovely, albeit a bit hazy.
Really impressed with the Crafty Malsters pale malt and think I might do a similar smash brew with the 300g Moutere in the freezer 🤔
acheers.
View attachment 27585
Looks fantastic Dan

My 2nd of the night is @samale 's imperial stout.

Where do I start, just up my street this.

Pours with a lovely brown head, I gave it a slightly aggressive pour as it looked at first like it needed it, it didn't.

Coffee aroma with a hint of sweet chocolate and alcohol. Smells like a stout.

Jet black, a lot of body to it but not overly so.

Taste is good, dark malty roast malts and a sweet aftertaste which I enjoy, I don't get the alcohol till much later , I think you said that my licorice beer felt warming, this is strong, I'm not sure you told me the abv, but it feels much stronger than it tastes haha.

If I could give any criticism it would be that I found that it similar to my choc stout, theres a similar bitter aftertaste but that doesnt take away any enjoyment in it whatsoever.

Have to say it's one of the best beers of its type I've tasted in a long time. 👍

My 2nd of the night is @samale 's imperial stout.

Where do I start, just up my street this.

Pours with a lovely brown head, I gave it a slightly aggressive pour as it looked at first like it needed it, it didn't.

Coffee aroma with a hint of sweet chocolate and alcohol. Smells like a stout.

Jet black, a lot of body to it but not overly so.

Taste is good, dark malty roast malts and a sweet aftertaste which I enjoy, I don't get the alcohol till much later , I think you said that my licorice beer felt warming, this is strong, I'm not sure you told me the abv, but it feels much stronger than it tastes haha.

If I could give any criticism it would be that I found that it similar to my choc stout, theres a similar bitter aftertaste but that doesnt take away any enjoyment in it whatsoever.

Have to say it's one of the best beers of its type I've tasted in a long time. 👍
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. I will be sending one in to the monthly competition to see how it goes. It was my first time brewing an imperial stout. I am already planning another when I free up a fermentor 👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back