What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe I would have slated anyone who kept to the rules. What I was commenting on and didn't make clear that some weird situations can arise whilst still being withing the rules. This one up the road looked really weird. Google earth suggests that their rear garden fences are the original (4ft?) short ones. We put up 6ft around our back. Thing is when people walk past our front they can pass within 2 meters of me when i'm washing or polishing the car. should they move away from me or should I move back every 5 mins or so? - totally nuts.

People sat in their garden having a drink etc is ok. People sat in the street is against the rules. From day one it said people are stay in their gardens and not have social gatherings.

Yesterday the news channels were celebrating these parties. From what I could see today most of now slating them. Including images of people doing the konger dance with 2m of rope between each person.

People can do what they want as far as I am concerned, but if it's done in front of me or will effect me I will let them know. I know I can give my appreciation to the nhs and other key workers knowing I am doing my bit to stick to the rules. Others are just hypocrits

I thought social gatherings (apart from with those in the same household) were banned?

I think you’re probably right. The issue I guess is how you maintain safe distances especially if you have young children that don’t understand and just want to play.

In our case the youngest member was in his late twenties and we were sat across the road from each other, or several metres apart along the road. If I’d seen others doing this I wouldn’t have been concerned.

What makes you bad makes you better right 😬
IMG_20200509_125956897_HDR.jpg

Done my chores now so time to settle down with a brew. Our anniversary today and my gorgeous wife bought me this little beauty, including a couple of beers.

9740E57F-8537-44CB-A48A-A52FE9BB8C6F.jpeg

Started with the dark beer. It is a nice beer but I’d expected a chocolate stout and it’s more a brown ale. I think given that this is from Hotel Chocolat they might have missed an opportunity here.

32252C5F-ABB0-4216-B9FB-129AB1F57782.jpeg

I was forced to go out yesterday, my mum in law was taken into hospital and we had to take her some stuff, i went to my local tesco for fuel it was chocker but all the pumps were working, so i parked my car away from the pump and used it like you do when filling from the opposit side to keep a safe distance, next thing the tanoy is going asking me to move nearer to the pump the woman behind was complaining they couldn't get out, so i pointed that each side of a petrol pump is not 2 metres apart and to get things in order

Done my chores now so time to settle down with a brew. Our anniversary today and my gorgeous wife bought me this little beauty, including a couple of beers.

View attachment 25640

Started with the dark beer. It is a nice beer but I’d expected a chocolate stout and it’s more a brown ale. I think given that this is from Hotel Chocolat they might have missed an opportunity here.

View attachment 25639

When I bought these a couple of years ago I must admit to being rather disappointed, it wasn’t bad per say but I was expecting/hoping fo something closer to a sweet milk stout.

Thing is when people walk past our front they can pass within 2 meters of me when i'm washing or polishing the car. should they move away from me or should I move back every 5 mins or so?
Depends on if you want to stay safe or not.

hitting the gym and staying hydrated with my neipa, a month old and color is holding fine. hops are fading though but the beer is improving. not a huge fan of the overly hopped drink it green beer errr neipa style, its ok though. beats a lager any day.
20200509_150932.jpg

moved on to my refreshing spring stout... imperial. its 10% but is quite good. over carbed it just a bit but it helps lower the sweetness. Usually i drink it in halves, then the second half is always a little more to style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back