What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started with a bock, followed by a dubbel, and now this bretted Belgian.
7060SiG.jpg

Looks lovely, a beer for grown-ups! :hat:

Interestingly I’m actually drinking something sort of along those lines. It’s by Wild Beer Co and it’s called Snapdragon. They made it for Naked Wines and it came in our box. It’s dark, Belgiany (but the yeast character is quite subtle) with treacle and only 5%. It’s pretty nice but it does taste a little.....thin for the style when you know what a dubbel tastes like. A good beer to include as an extra in a wine box though, pretty interesting.

Hello.
I’m a new kid on the Block here.
I used to brew my own years ago and gave up because the Beer I made was ****. Now what with the Pubs shut I bought some gear from Wilco’s (I live in Kent.UK) I made a Woodfordes Wherry. Barrelled it. Left it for 24 Days.

I tried my First Pint last night. I was reminded why I gave up the First time. It tastes like a Kit and leaves a biter aftertaste in my Throat. I will leave it for a couple more weeks and attempt to swallow it.
Welcome to the block. I too used to brew years ago and the results were less than impressive. However just over 3 years ago I decided to give it another go. The main difference now is the amount of information freely available in sites like this and on sites like you tube. MY brewing has improved no end and I am now making beer that I am more than happy to drink. I would certainly take it ahead of most of the commercial lite lagers out there.
Stick at it. Your first may not be the best but it will improve the more you brew.

I know I’m a few minutes early but right now it’s bright and sunny, and my outdoor thermometer is reading just over 20 degrees. According to the forecast though, in about four hours it will be 10 degrees and blowing a hoolie. 😭

View attachment 25695
But then you can switch to Old Ales, Barley Wines, Stouts and all the other beers that are great on a cold day with the fire on.

But then you can switch to Old Ales, Barley Wines, Stouts and all the other beers that are great on a cold day with the fire on.

Absolutely! Not much can beat those kinds of beers in the cooler weather - especially good when you’re sitting on an old sofa in front of an open fire in the pub with a few mates. Also, at the end of an autumn evening outside, sat round the embers of a fire following a great family BBQ.

Was desperate for a beer so I decided to try one of my 2 day old EKG/Fuggle blonde ales. I was expecting it to be a bit sweet from priming sugar but its carbs up mostly (probably because of the hot weather). It was actually really nice. Should be good when it's had some proper time in the bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back