What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While waiting for my own beers to condition (not long now ;) ), I have some mid-week inspiration.

View attachment 27366
did I ever mention on the thornbridge tour I had a whole bottle of serpent to myself as all the other visitors came by car. - I almost fell in the river/road on the way back to the bus. :laugh8:

did I ever mention on the thornbridge tour I had a whole bottle of serpent to myself as all the other visitors came by car. - I almost fell in the river/road on the way back to the bus. :laugh8:

I often have the opposite! When we go to Cornwall we usually visit Healey’s cider mill and I always end up driving us there so the tasting is a very different experience for me and my passengers!

I do have some take-always as compensation ;)

That's a fair mid week selection clapa

Not bad for a Wednesday! I enjoyed the Jaipur and Bliss Point. Not keen on the Lukas (Helles lager).

Also enjoying the free glass!

CB172602-21D2-4B49-950F-A9477C4A1F01.jpeg

7B9F9D36-CFA3-409C-B21B-E891AC7A4F8D.jpeg

62471941-96B7-4A8F-BC7C-5A0609E1F736.jpeg

20200610_192220.jpgRunning to the end of Youngs New World Sassion, whilst on the right is Mangrove Jack's Pink Grapefruit IPA.
Both bottle conditioned. NWS bottled August last year, the MJ PGIPA April this year.
Like the NWS as something different, whereas the MJ is disappointing. Initially was ott grapefruit - more like a bucket of grapefruit extract, now no real grapefruit flavour, just a lingering pithy bitter taste - not to my liking. For an IPA, KIT + MJ malt extract it has come out dark for the style. Didnt warn me about that.. Have to go on a stout next to clear the taste.

View attachment 27375Running to the end of Youngs New World Sassion, whilst on the right is Mangrove Jack's Pink Grapefruit IPA.
Both bottle conditioned. NWS bottled August last year, the MJ PGIPA April this year.
Like the NWS as something different, whereas the MJ is disappointing. Initially was ott grapefruit - more like a bucket of grapefruit extract, now no real grapefruit flavour, just a lingering pithy bitter taste - not to my liking. For an IPA, KIT + MJ malt extract it has come out dark for the style. Didnt warn me about that.. Have to go on a stout next to clear the taste.

Disappointing. The IPA does look dark. How long between too much grapefruit and too little?

Love a stout!

Disappointing. The IPA does look dark. How long between too much grapefruit and too little?

Love a stout!
Looking back, I ordered the kit fro MM 14 March, so would have bottled in April so has transformed from ott to pithy in 4-6 weeks in bottles. Dont know what to make of it. Or why. I'll eat lemon out of a g&t but can go for grapefruit pith, though I do like grapefruit.

Liquorice stout by @pilgrimhudd
IMG_20200610_201353325.jpg

Pours with a small tan head which seemed to fiz then disappear. Really dark and thick looking.
Aroma I was getting nice strong roast from the dark malts mixed with sweet sugar and slight alcohol. Liquorice is in the back ground.
Taste matches the aroma, sweet followed by roast that's well balanced with liquorice after taste. You can tell this is a strong beer but not in a bad way. It warms you as you drink it.
This is my first liquorice stout and I enjoyed the experience. Thank you for sharing 🍻🍻

A couple of my Heart of England IPAs tonight. A good few weeks old now and it isn't too bad and has grown on me but I won't brew it again.

Liquorice stout by @pilgrimhudd
View attachment 27391

Pours with a small tan head which seemed to fiz then disappear. Really dark and thick looking.
Aroma I was getting nice strong roast from the dark malts mixed with sweet sugar and slight alcohol. Liquorice is in the back ground.
Taste matches the aroma, sweet followed by roast that's well balanced with liquorice after taste. You can tell this is a strong beer but not in a bad way. It warms you as you drink it.
This is my first liquorice stout and I enjoyed the experience. Thank you for sharing 🍻🍻

That's great, glad you enjoyed it, I have a treacle ale thats improving slowly, I'll send you one in 2 weeks or so!

Fancied a proper English ale or two tonight after brewing lagers and Belgian styles for the last few months. Bottle of London Pride, now on a Tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back