What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight? Well I'm sure it's tonight somewhere.

15923167760986697139135400412295.jpg

Despite saying on my brewday posts that it isn’t quite ready yet I’m having a pint of my Summer Breeze (Citra/Galaxy IPA, 4.8%). My own beers have been missing from this thread for far too long. 🥳

The orangey colour is because the sun is shining through it, it isn’t actually that colour.

View attachment 27741
That looks awesome!! :beer1:athumb..

Looks great! I'm starting to get a taste for sours and I know my son likes them too, so if you wouldn't mind sharing your recipe I'd like to have a bash at it.
5l batch
900g Maris Otter
200g wheat
100g carared

1g Chinook @60 mins
3g Chinook @10
5g El Dorado @10
5g Mosaic @5

US West Coast yeast

Ferment for 2 weeks and transfer to secondary vessel with 2 pureed mangoes for another week. Then dry hop with 2g Chinook, 10g El Dorado, and 10g Mosaic for a week, and 100g hibiscus for 3 days.

That was the planned recipe anyway, I had an explosion when some of the mango clogged the airlock so I lost quite a bit and had to add more mango. I'm not entirely sure how it would have turned out originally, but the end result is good enough for me. I'd maybe add another mango to get the flavour coming through more, but I'm not sure how much I lost.

Cheers hazelwood….still new to this brewing game....only my second brew on the Bulldog....is that calculation standard for working out the strength as I used the GH book for working out ABV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back