What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Galaxy ale. Not getting rubber or clay so maybe it’s coming from the yeast? I’ve never brewed with that yeast and don’t think I’ve ever knowingly tried it so can’t comment. Not the Galaxy though in my view.

View attachment 29654
looks great! i have used galaxy and not had that so it must be a mixture or yeast and galaxy or something. galaxy does give me the scratchy back of the throat pineapple thing though. also not sure of the rubbery clay pineapple is the right description, maybe im tasting autolyzed yeast?

now an orange abbot....
followed by.....

IMG_20200721_200003_861[1].jpg

a Dubble Porter... totally bizarre - I think i've brewed something like this before :laugh8:

An early sample of my tropical IPA. It's not as hazy as the photo makes it look, and that one having been in the freezer, it's actually clearing up before my eyes. And the dry hopping seems to be coming out more as it warms up.

Anyway it's still a bit young, only been in bottles a week maybe but its fully carbed and tastes pretty good tbh. It's a fairly swift turnaround this one.

20200721_200738.jpg

not trying to be a negative nancy today but a bit disapointed with this. tastes like the recent cascade brews i have done lately. maybe im not a big fan of cascade anymore? i guess its columbus, chinook and centennial for me going forward

20200721_201703.jpg

Not only is it my Birthday but its my first ever pint of homebrew, finally the waiting is over.
American Pale Ale extract kit from Geterbrewed, my first and only extract brew so far. not a bad pint but not brilliant I would say.

View attachment 29718

That looks pretty damn good for your first brew! Fine to be honest and say that it’s “only” not bad; I’m always suspicious of homebrewers who say that everything they make is absolutely amazing, better than Brewdog etc

Congrats on the first brew and happy birthday!

That looks pretty damn good for your first brew! Fine to be honest and say that it’s “only” not bad; I’m always suspicious of homebrewers who say that everything they make is absolutely amazing, better than Brewdog etc

Congrats on the first brew and happy birthday!
Thanks, second pint and its growing on me :beer1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back