What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying my black rye IPA brewed using T58. Yeast flavours are very dominant, lovely mouth feel. This was an experiment beer. Not bad at all
IMG_20200830_214843984.jpg

Chores all done, trip to a local farm shop - well it’s in the same county! Got some nice cheeses, meats, bread, and beers.

The beers are a mix of local and not so local. Two these are my wife’s but she wanted them in the line-up!

D5E499DD-5C86-4111-AA7F-F0F44ABB3775.jpeg

I’m starting with this local one from Time and Tide brewing in Deal. 4.6%, Maris Otter, Pilsner, wheat, oats. Mosaic, Equanot, Ella, Cascade. 20 IBU.

85D21571-B607-4E69-9FBD-7C6FEF97A39A.jpeg

Just cracked open the big keg of my hazy kveik pale as a little reward for spending all weekend clearing out the kitchen ready for it to be knocked down tomorrow.
The kviek has lost alot of the weird sour finish that was evident early in the small keg, and it's going down a treat
acheers.

20200831_162534.jpg

Last edited:
Chores all done, trip to a local farm shop - well it’s in the same county! Got some nice cheeses, meats, bread, and beers.

The beers are a mix of local and not so local. Two these are my wife’s but she wanted them in the line-up!

View attachment 31857

I’m starting with this local one from Time and Tide brewing in Deal. 4.6%, Maris Otter, Pilsner, wheat, oats. Mosaic, Equanot, Ella, Cascade. 20 IBU.

You're lucky I have to reserve 40% of one of my beer shelves for the girls... ashock1

IMG_20200831_162745_785[1].jpg

My Fault as I introduced them to kriek and it snowballed from there. :laugh8:

Just cracked open the big keg of my hazy kveik pale as a little reward for spending all weekend clearing out the kitchen ready for it to be knocked down tomorrow.
The kviek and lost alot of the weird sour finish that was evident early in the small keg, and it's going down a treat
acheers.

View attachment 31861

Dan, hi! Thought I might be the only one sat at the bar tonight! Good to see you buddy. 🥳

Another local brewery, Curious Drinks. They’re actually a winemaker that’s moved into beers and ciders.

This one is a beautiful toffee amber colour and crystal clear. It’s really malty and hoppy - but different. It’s not loaded with new world hops but with Goldings, Chinook, and Cascade! I like this, it’s different. 4.4%.

16670E41-1476-4857-9B72-E57F6DDDFD49.jpeg

Also from Curious, this 4.7% crystal clear golden coloured lager. I’m not as keen on this one but it’s not nasty. Hops are Cascade, Saaz, and Nelson Sauvin. They may have just got a little too curious with this one 😂

View attachment 31868
I'm still curious about your brew from last night, what Frankenstein did you en dup creating?

I'm still curious about your brew from last night, what Frankenstein did you en dup creating?

I have no idea! I’d had a few beers and thought it might be a good idea to try something different. It could be amazing. Equally, it could be an expensive waste of hops! We’ll see. The recipe (so far, I’m making this up as I go along!) is in my brew day post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back