What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drinking a NEIPA donated by @dan125 which I believe was your entry to the verdant comp . Lovely tropical/citrus aroma and flavour. Top beer brave knight⚔️🍺👍
IMG_20200903_191525.jpg

Tonight's beer (I'm having my weekend beer tonight as I'm on nights this weekend.) Is @strange-steve Dubbel.

On pouring, the beer is reddy brown with a thin head which lasts till first gulp.

As it warms the aroma increases, stone fruit and spiciness?

It tastes strong, I'm thinking 7% ish? But the alcohol certainly doesnt detract from the flavour. Much as the aroma its sweet and malty with fruit creeping up on your tongue afterwards. The spiciness which presumably comes from the yeast really adds to what is a lovely beer.

For me, and I'm really trying hard to find a criticism here, it could do with slightly more carbonation perhaps and a slightly better head. Other than that this is a fabulous beer, really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.
20200903_201256.jpg

Tonight's beer (I'm having my weekend beer tonight as I'm on nights this weekend.) Is @strange-steve Dubbel.

On pouring, the beer is reddy brown with a thin head which lasts till first gulp.

As it warms the aroma increases, stone fruit and spiciness?

It tastes strong, I'm thinking 7% ish? But the alcohol certainly doesnt detract from the flavour. Much as the aroma its sweet and malty with fruit creeping up on your tongue afterwards. The spiciness which presumably comes from the yeast really adds to what is a lovely beer.

For me, and I'm really trying hard to find a criticism here, it could do with slightly more carbonation perhaps and a slightly better head. Other than that this is a fabulous beer, really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. View attachment 32027
Thanks mate, I actually just had one of these myself and you're spot on about the carbonation. I had a couple of over-carbed beers prior so eased up on the priming sugar, but a little too much. ABV is 7.5% so a good estimate. Thanks again for the review :hat:

Thanks mate, I actually just had one of these myself and you're spot on about the carbonation. I had a couple of over-carbed beers prior so eased up on the priming sugar, but a little too much. ABV is 7.5% so a good estimate. Thanks again for the review :hat:
I can relate to that. Do you use the calculator on the site. I have a Belgian IPA which is well over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back