What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just arrived in Bristol for the week. First beer very nice pale ale with strata hops at left handed giant brew pub
IMG_20200904_175451.jpg

Absolutely, we unfortunately live in an age where bigger and bolder equals better.

I think there’s a bit of an anti-trend though. Lots of breweries making pilsner and helles, simple recipe beers that take skill and care to get right. I’m finishing the night with a Lost and Grounded Keller Pils which may have helped me think of this deep and meaningful point. It’s an absolutely fantastic beer

Never had strata hops. Is it nice
Very tasty, I think this was the second beer I have had with this hop.. definitely would try it when it comes available on homebrew level.
Finished night with imperial Brown ale 11%..it was tasty , fruity nose. Although it was nice it had no brown malt flavour so tasted a little like a clean porter.
IMG_20200904_220811.jpg

I thought you didn’t like Galaxy! 😂

I tend to use Citra only in the dry hop for this beer, I find it gives a better balance. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed either way, I’ve tried 50/50 and it was still nice.

I think it's galaxy and Conan yeast or just Conan yeast I don't like? I have used galaxy as a complimentary hop with good success.

ok so I'm leaning to all citra or maybe like 30/20 or something.

2113D439-AFEB-406A-AE8F-A8D3EA58CAF6.jpeg
Left to right
Heavy water Oxford Marmalade IPA
Not bad ipa but marmalade is a bit lost in the hops
Church Han Brewery 1 4 Keeps a Biere de Garde nice example of the style very drinkable
Heavy Water Schrodinger Hefeweizen
Mediocre really not bad but a bit boring
Titanic Plum Porter (cask) just perfect

View attachment 32102
Left to right
Heavy water Oxford Marmalade IPA
Not bad ipa but marmalade is a bit lost in the hops
Church Han Brewery 1 4 Keeps a Biere de Garde nice example of the style very drinkable
Heavy Water Schrodinger Hefeweizen
Mediocre really not bad but a bit boring
Titanic Plum Porter (cask) just perfect

Hmmmm, plum porter.😋

Having one of my Stranda Deliver NEIPAs whilst I wait for my wort to boil.

The hops are basically non existent now after only a few weeks and all I can taste is the Kveik yeast (which I dislike).
IMG_20200905_112821.jpg

Oh well, only three bottles left!

It gets a bit better as it warms up, but it's still a shadow of it's former self. Looks the part though.
IMG_20200905_115435.jpg

Hard work taking the moss out of the garden, better have a beer.
End of my Belgian Single unfortunately, this will be made again next summer:
IMG_20200905_192114.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back