What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished work, time for a beer 🥳

Decided to try my latest beers, why not? The cardamom saison is coming on nice and is predicable - it’s first a confusion of flavours fighting for dominance, then the flavours seem to back off, then they mature into something nice. This beer is in the middle phase at 3 weeks. Next my brown ale that is normally quite mucky for a few weeks and at 11days my flabber is ghasted- it’s almost clear, the head is thick and creamy, and the flavour is not bad. I wouldn’t want a pint but it isn’t bad. My New Saison saison isn’t bad at 11 days either. Summer breeze at 2 days smells like Lilt and from the smell you expect it to be sweet - it isn’t of course. I know this one will be good given a few days.

So the winner for my first beer of the night is my “New Saison Saison!

2D244BC6-7317-4FB0-84B9-07093787E88F.jpeg

Finished work, time for a beer 🥳

Decided to try my latest beers, why not? The cardamom saison is coming on nice and is predicable - it’s first a confusion of flavours fighting for dominance, then the flavours seem to back off, then they mature into something nice. This beer is in the middle phase at 3 weeks. Next my brown ale that is normally quite mucky for a few weeks and at 11days my flabber is ghasted- it’s almost clear, the head is thick and creamy, and the flavour is not bad. I wouldn’t want a pint but it isn’t bad. My New Saison saison isn’t bad at 11 days either. Summer breeze at 2 days smells like Lilt and from the smell you expect it to be sweet - it isn’t of course. I know this one will be good given a few days.

So the winner for my first beer of the night is my “New Saison Saison!

View attachment 32215

Nice, it's always good to have some winners coming up for rotation.

I am at a low point right now, brewed a few too many stronger ales and sours. and of course a couple of big misses that will probably go down the drain. I am really hoping that summer breeze is good, not to put you under pressure or anything. oh yeah I dry hopped it with 25g of both citra and galaxy at cold crash temps. a couple days and I will bottle it.

Nice, it's always good to have some winners coming up for rotation.

I am at a low point right now, brewed a few too many stronger ales and sours. and of course a couple of big misses that will probably go down the drain. I am really hoping that summer breeze is good, not to put you under pressure or anything. oh yeah I dry hopped it with 25g of both citra and galaxy at cold crash temps. a couple days and I will bottle it.

We all have those moments but they are usually short lived.

I’m absolutely confident in the Summer Breeze but if it’s ****, it’s because you’ve gone off piste! 😂

IMG_20200907_204347_132[1].jpg

apologies for the pic this is already after order of the faith 440 can from northern monk, life & death, duopolis and my own david essex. I really loved the first one of these I had, this one (from same batch) tastes a bit like sick!? Still give me fizzy sick over flat sick anyday ashock1

Drinking @Hazelwood Brewery English bitter 4.5%
First of all I have never had a bitter and I know absolutely zip about the style.
This pours a dark red/brown, very good clarify the photo doesn't do it justice. It's actually a lot lighter looking.
Tastes are well balanced nothing really dominates. Nice sweet malt after taste.
This is all new to me, I have to say I enjoyed trying it. Probably a style I would never think to brew👍
IMG_20200907_214502723_HDR.jpg

Moving on I had one of my own redx IPA with Amarillo El Dorado centennial then my Belgian black rye IPA using T58 yeast with sabro & Chinook. It's amazing how different malt and yeast can change the taste profile of the hops.

Can't actually find any best before dates on these and the Wicked Weeds

Interestingly the recipe I've got for Dark Island has 100g of Peated Malt in it. Does the real thing taste smokey?
Yes, but only slightly. Most of of it you'll find in it's aroma. Though my sense of smell and taste might be a bit off, because at the moment I'm also enjoying a good longfiller cigar.
So I've got a different taste of smoke oon my tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back