What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could say I never bought a beer because I liked the can, but sadly I am all too easily swayed by a fancy design.
Maybe it was just a dud can, it tastes similar to my NEIPA after it had lost it's hoppiness, but the best before date is June 2021...

This beer was much better
IMG_20200913_124640.jpg

2.8% DDH Session IPA with mango and passionfruit, very nice.

And now this west coast style IPA. I haven't had a lot of Magic Rock beers but I've been consistently impressed with the ones I've had and this is no exception. I forget just how good a DIPA can be until I have something like this. The "unhuman" version of this is spectacular at 11%, whereas this is "only" 7.4% but still really great.
KBRsp2R.jpg

Edit. Hopefully someone doesn't tell me those Corona bottles are rubbish .
The bottles look great, BUT, you'll absolutely have to keep them in the dark otherwise daylight or fluorescent light will react with some of the hop compounds to give nasty smell and taste (so I'm told and have read, although I've never experienced this). Bottle up, cover them with a dark towel or blanket or put them in a cardboard box or whatever else you can think of to keep them away from uV, and enjoy in due course.

The bottles are ok. Never tasted the beer, on the other hand. Is it any good?

The bottles look great, BUT, you'll absolutely have to keep them in the dark otherwise daylight or fluorescent light will react with some of the hop compounds to give nasty smell and taste (so I'm told and have read, although I've never experienced this). Bottle up, cover them with a dark towel or blanket or put them in a cardboard box or whatever else you can think of to keep them away from uV, and enjoy in due course.

The bottles are ok. Never tasted the beer, on the other hand. Is it any good?

Cheers, I read about the uv light and clear glass the other day.
I will either bottle turbo cider or lager in them and as you say cover them.
Its lemony tasting, i tend to drink 2 or 4 before opening a bottle of red wine thumb.

Siren Undercurrent IPA (4.5%) & St Austell Mena Dhu Stout (4.5%)

B00350E6-BD20-43EC-A52C-66C03319DAD5.jpeg
The stout is good if unremarkable. The IPA is rather good although again not exceptiona.

Had a really busy weekend so didn’t get to post very much. Starting tonight with another beer from @Clint

This one is a Tribute clone at 4.7%. I do know I like Tribute but I can’t remember the aroma or flavour so I’m not able to say whether this beer is a good clone.

As with the Citra Saison this beer is nicely carbed although this one has less head retention. The beer is very clear and a honey/amber colour.

The aroma is malt forward and really inviting. I’m fairly convinced the flavour is not Tribute but it is very nice all the same and I’d happily have another (or several others 😉).

7FC706A7-9F03-42C1-926D-8830094415D1.jpeg

Last edited:
😂 😂 😂

Not a chance! Have been busy though so not found much time to get on the forum. Have some time now and just catching up - did you miss me😘😂

I had a delivery todayclapa
Nice that was fast as I dropped it saturday afternoon. yeah we missed you it's quieter in these parts without you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back