What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A pint (almost) of my pale ale. It is quite nice but I’m just not wholly happy with it. I’ve used EKG and maybe I used too much - or not enough?

I used 30g in 22 litres, how much do you use?

0276B0BA-BDA7-4AA1-A3AD-CDBF74FB8278.jpeg

A pint (almost) of my pale ale. It is quite nice but I’m just not wholly happy with it. I’ve used EKG and maybe I used too much - or not enough?

View attachment 32610
Just looked at my old recipe book.
A soft Pale ale has 56g in 22 litres, and a Burton type Pale ale has 100g in 23l.
Your 30g sounds way too low, unless others can impart some greater knowledge. That's what I am next going to brew with my freshly harvested EKG's as that's what the landowner recommends (and probably likes himself), so I would like to know too.

300g +/-5 depending on if you have some loose bits in a pack.

View attachment 32610
Last batch I used East Golding in works out at 52g scaled up to 22L, should add this was used for buttering (is that a word?) not aroma (90 minute boil) with equivalent of 12g Fuggles added in the last 10 minutes.

Had a really busy weekend so didn’t get to post very much. Starting tonight with another beer from @Clint

This one is a Tribute clone at 4.7%. I do know I like Tribute but I can’t remember the aroma or flavour so I’m not able to say whether this beer is a good clone.

As with the Citra Saison this beer is nicely carbed although this one has less head retention. The beer is very clear and a honey/amber colour.

The aroma is malt forward and really inviting. I’m fairly convinced the flavour is not Tribute but it is very nice all the same and I’d happily have another (or several others 😉).

View attachment 32594
I will have to buy a bottle of Tribute for research purposes...it must be over a year since I drank some.
Willamette is the stand out hop for me in Tribute and definitely get it coming through...I will try later,just in off nights!

Last batch I used East Golding in works out at 52g scaled up to 22L, should add this was used for buttering (is that a word?) not aroma (90 minute boil) with equivalent of 12g Fuggles added in the last 10 minutes.
Hi obscure,
Just to help my slight confusion on your post;
Did you really mean "buttering" there, as usually a 90 minute boil with hops would be for 'bittering'?
Or is that a feature of Goldings you have found when boiled for the 90 mins.
Thanks,
Robin.

Already absolutely cracking the flags in SE London - its 25c in the garden and rising so time for a first taster of my recent AG27- 80 Bob which I onky kegged last night albeit after over 3 weeks in primary/ crashing. Obviously not carbed yet but my this tastes like a decent Autumn brew for a few weeks time.
20200915_113025.jpg

Nothing for me yet today, I’m working.

BUT only for three more days - I retire on Friday and won’t have the burden of work interfering in my drinking schedule!😉

I have a “resignation ale” from @Hopsteep set aside for Friday evening to mark the occasion. 🥳 🥳 🥳
I'm between meetings but inspired by recent sodium percarbonate threads seriously contemplating having a go at the decking.

I retire on Friday and won’t have the burden of work interfering in my drinking schedule!😉

I have a “resignation ale” from @Hopsteep set aside for Friday evening to mark the occasion. 🥳 🥳 🥳

Whoot! Welcome to the club.
I wish I had had a retirement ale, I just travelled a few pubs in that old London city in a stupid tee shirt. 🍺
It was fun though 😎

The days will fill with all the stuff you hadn’t realised was waiting! Glorious!
The new era awaits 🏖🍺

Whoot! Welcome to the club.
I wish I had had a retirement ale, I just travelled a few pubs in that old London city in a stupid tee shirt. 🍺
It was fun though 😎

The days will fill with all the stuff you hadn’t realised was waiting! Glorious!
The new era awaits 🏖🍺

Not too much stuff I hope, I don’t want something else to be interfering with my drinking schedule! 🔥🍳

I always wanted to try brewing a wine. I only drink red. Would you recommend that kit. Some reviews I have seen for red wine say they lack the body and complexity you would expect from a nice red.
Vineco have revamped their kit offerings, gone are KenRidge and California connoisseur &the WineExpert range has been tweaked too, so cannot offer opinion on current retail kits. I have throughly enjoyed the old WineExpert World Vineyard Grenache, Shiraz, Mourvèrde kit which included a grape skin pack, which has been a new one for me. Like everything I think you can be diswaded from choices by negatives, but there is the personal preference. My go to kit was KenRidge Trilogy. What with the new formulations and prices will be my choice I dont know. To say that kits are poor, is a cheap shot. Yes there are some good value cheap wines out there; equally there are kits that will give £6 a bottle a good run for their money at less than half the price.
What do you like grape wise? £/bottle. Pick a kit that comes under that and go for it. Might be an outlay, but 29 bottles from a £72 kit is still £2.50 (equates to more than a £5 retail bottle) is a winner in my book.
My dad is perfectly happy with Australian Blend yarrawara creek at £1 a bottle / £35 kit.
Give them a try. Only 1 failure and that was my fault, bleach and wine dont work.

Nothing for me yet today, I’m working.

BUT only for three more days - I retire on Friday and won’t have the burden of work interfering in my drinking schedule!😉

Should we expect the server to crash permanently from Friday evening onwards then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back