What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A true NEIPA. @Pennine MADE me listen to a Scott Janish podcast and it seems the east coast go for a FG of about 1020, west coast nearer 1008.

Speaking of BBQs I have jacket potatoes on mine. Wife wanted jackets and no way do I want the oven on indoors for two hours in this heat:confused.:
and yes a very distinct difference between west coast and easy coast ipa's. also the bitterness is completely different.

back in the day Midwestern ipas were known as thick and crystal malty and heavier than 1.020 neipa's with a lower fg.

fun stuff, the second podcast was released they talk a little about coriander which I think may be interesting to you.

Our rescued citrus tree has blossomed and is now covered with tiny green...citrus things! I think they're Clementines...if we get some to ripen I'm going to use some peel in a Saison or wheat.

My “Goofie” Saison used real orange peel and did quite well in the monthly competition. See post #231 in my brewday posts for more info.

After a day in the saddle I am treating myself to a couple of beers from Maverick Brew Co.
Cheers @Hoddy amazing beers as usual.

Attachments

• 20200915_191052.jpg
    20200915_191052.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 128
  • 20200915_201614.jpg
    20200915_201614.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 124
I'm drinking a beer that I have been given and I have been putting off drinking..a fruited Lacto sour🤔. It is exactly what I was fearing it would be...not really sour, not really fruity. A token sour from a brewery that probably like making other styles but feel they should have a sour .
IMG_20200915_202451.jpg

I'm drinking a beer that I have been given and I have been putting off drinking..a fruited Lacto sour🤔. It is exactly what I was fearing it would be...not really sour, not really fruity. A token sour from a brewery that probably like making other styles but feel they should have a sour . View attachment 32658

I think the two words that most clash for me are “lacto” and “sour” - what is that?

alright H have to hand it to you, that summer breeze is a solid recipe. think I am gonna enter this one in the comp. I might even brew up another 20l of it this weekend and push off my festbier experiment.

20200916_180033.jpg

The first taste of my brett quad/stout thingy. It's still mostly flat after 2 weeks which is a bit worrying, starting to have flashbacks to my 16% stout which never carbed.

The first sip of this is a real wtf 🤯 moment with a rather mad array of confusing, intriguing, and dare I say arousing flavours. But once you get over the initial shock and awe there's a lot to enjoy here, particularly the huge toffee, fruity, malt flavours. Fingers crossed it carbs.
1UHAeq5.jpg

The first taste of my brett quad/stout thingy. It's still mostly flat after 2 weeks which is a bit worrying, starting to have flashbacks to my 16% stout which never carbed.

The first sip of this is a real wtf 🤯 moment with a rather mad array of confusing, intriguing, and dare I say arousing flavours. But once you get over the initial shock and awe there's a lot to enjoy here, particularly the huge toffee, fruity, malt flavours. Fingers crossed it carbs.
1UHAeq5.jpg
that sounds great! i had an imperial stout do that as well, and was really glad i used flip-tops as i hydrated some yeast and then added a bit to each bottle. Surprisingly it worked and i had a perfectly carbonated batch. You may want to consider this if it doesn't carb up over the next couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back