What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have been a bit disapointed lately with a lot of theirs offerings, used to be some of my favorites, the king, Ruby and gold actually.

Well here's the best bit...the chap who replied to me over several emails,said once I'm happy send them a bottle to the brewery so they can try it!!
That may be a while...but I'm totally impressed by the response...

That's great to hear breweries still connecting with homebrewers. I'd be a bit nervous sending over a clone though.

cracked open another.... it's technically my Friday and ready for a long weekend.

so pilsner urquell, smells and taste like cooked corn on the cob to me. is this diacetyl or dms I am tasting. it's not very pleasant but not terribly bad either? definitely prefer a staropramen.

I fancy something a bit different now so one of these.

1004D740-5660-4FF2-9D20-856BC6C9A691.jpeg

I'm quite excited about another go...I shall keep you all updated.
The trouble is there's so many beers I want to brew...no time,no space. I might change my forum name to Dr. Poo....
If you fancy having another go with genuine yeast @Clint , I have just bottled up a batch of Old Hooky clone for which I used the St. Austell Proper Job yeast. I have two jars of slurry, and while I wouldn't ordinarily share slurry with anyone without seeing their passport, bouyancy aid and spare underwear, you're welcome to a sample if you want it. Let me know if you're interested. I'll post a bottle of something tasty with it.

44E9331B-0E6E-4BB2-935D-5D6BCF65A78E.jpeg
Loose Cannon You’ve got Ale (4.5%) Red Ale

Loose Cannon are my nearest brewery and like many are still doing home delivery. They primarily do what I would describe as traditional English style ales, and supply a fair few of the local pubs with cask ale. This one is their September seasonal beer, and described as a Red IPA.

From the breweries description ”Fuller body and a smooth finish, this red ale is hopped with some of the brewing worlds most desirable varieties. Nelson Sauvin from New Zealand, Mosaic, Bravo and Centennial from the US.”

I’ll be blunt this does not taste like a US IPA and is far closer to the typical English style IPA a good amount of bitterness slight sweet taste, and cask like levels of carbonation. Serve it to me in a pub with a packet of salt and vinegar and I would be a very happy individual. At £11.45 for 3 litres this is a good decently priced cask like beer freshly racked from a bright tank by the brewery this morning and arguably the closest thing to cask ale outside a pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back