What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep had a 1698, becoming a regular drop at hatton towers, have your tesco altered the offers due to aldi price match?

I haven't a clue, I don't go in supermarkets (or most shops) i hate dithering people blocking the isles etc etc, SWMBO does the shopping i load the car and drive home (she doesn't drive) it works for us ;) and she buys me surprise beers (i haven't had many i wouldn't drink again.)

I haven't a clue, I don't go in supermarkets (or most shops) i hate dithering people blocking the isles etc etc, SWMBO does the shopping i load the car and drive home (she doesn't drive) it works for us ;) and she buys me surprise beers (i haven't had many i wouldn't drink again.)
:laugh8: Down Hackney way, they have changed the offers, some beers have dropped out of the 4 for £6 because aldi have started stocking McEwans champ, and Lidl have started stocking St Austell proper job, used to be easy. a proper job to wet the whistle and a heavy brew to dry it. aheadbutt

yeah I get that, once saw a dad throw his full basket down the aisle, because the son couldn't decide his crisps, he should have taken up ten pin bowling.

First up, Sam Smith's Pale Ale. This is fantastic. I haven't had it in ages, and it really is good. Crystal malt and Sam Smith's yeast, classic ho's ( I'm going to guess at fuggles + late EKG). Yummy yum yum.

IMG_20200918_204216.jpg

I wouldn't mind trying Batemans XXXB have you tried it what are your thoughts?

Serving suggestion: With three malts and three hop varieties, Triple XB is bursting with aroma and flavour. The delicate aroma of biscuit and fruit unleashes a distinctive peppery, fruit flavour which is followed by earthy hops and a dry maltiness

1600459128558.png

I wouldn't mind trying Batemans XXXB have you tried it what are your thoughts?
It's my favourite cask ale by a long margin. Has to be well kept. Cracking beer. The glass in the picture was one of the ones they were giving away a couple of years ago when the increased its gravity back to the original 4.7%, if you drank 8 pints. I took one home after a single session with stamps to spare. 😁

Bottle of Owd Rodger and a Kolsh. Both higher ABV than I'm used to so Im calling this a night after two. Up early for a long drive to the lakes. Anyone any good local brewery recommendations?

IMG_20200918_211221.jpg
IMG_20200918_213755.jpg

well finished the brewdays today so kicking off the drinking thread!

never have seen or tried this one before. not bad like a light saison, quite sparkly. might need to make one of these someday.

20200919_102953.jpg

First up, Sam Smith's Pale Ale. This is fantastic. I haven't had it in ages, and it really is good. Crystal malt and Sam Smith's yeast, classic ho's ( I'm going to guess at fuggles + late EKG). Yummy yum yum.

View attachment 32781
Hi jjsh, i love sam smiths pale ale my uncle Billy worked in the brewery for many years when i was a nipper athumb..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back