What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi jjsh, i love sam smiths pale ale my uncle Billy worked in the brewery for many years when i was a nipper athumb..
so any chance you would ask him about the oatmeal stout recipe? i guess i should just email the brewery like clint did to see if they will give it to me?

I know you're a moderator and all, but would it be too much to ask that you take a photo of your beer? The organic experience and all?

Its bought beer i don't see why posting a picture of it in a glass would be of any interest to anyone.

I do get why home brewers like to post pictures of their beers in a glass.

Its bought beer i don't see why posting a picture of it in a glass would be of any interest to anyone.
I do get why home brewers like to post pictures of their beers in a glass.

It may be in the creativity they do it--golfing, watching a match, pet, eating a bag of Doritos, etc.
Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
20200919_120249.jpg

Pretty nice!

Have beer will travel, first taste of my 3 c's ipa, it's nice, bitter with a citrus fruit aftertaste, moderately bodied with a nice creamy head that lasts half the glass. Not as clear as i would like but I could always call it hazy. It's got a decent aroma of citrus again but not quite as fruity as I was hoping. Still... I'm happy with this one.

And it's quite a view.

20200919_181159.jpg

My craft beer learning curve is continuing, trying this brew dog first, its 3.8 % and I like its restrained style but I am new to craft beer

then I will try

Attachments

• IMG_20200919_181406_8.jpg
    IMG_20200919_181406_8.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20200919_181435_3.jpg
    IMG_20200919_181435_3.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 112
after a great day out mountain biking with the family I am now sipping on @pilgrimhudd 's wheat rose steam beer, you can find it here.
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/pilgrimhudds-brewdays.81756/post-933020
Pours a nice clear amber copper, had a decent head that lingers for a while. Aroma is pretty mild, has a nice light toasty toffee malt and something like orange marmalade. Carbonation is medium and really nice, it fits the style well. Taste is caramel malt and a hint of hop fruity, woody and a slight tea like astringency. Mouthfeel is very light, fades quite quickly and ends with a bit of citrus and then some bitterness, the bitterness is on the light end but balances well. Overall its a really nice, refreshing and easy drinking california common, very similar to anchor steam but a lighter on the hops and not quite as bitter. I just read over the BJCP guidelines and read over my comments and they are surprisingly similar, so spot on with this one. Stupidly enough I finished both glasses before I was done reviewing. I swear this style isn't an attention whore like a neipa, but they go down so damn easily.

I think the malts and yeast are perfect for this, really would be curious to see what would happen with a bigger hop load and even a decent dry hop?

Thanks for the beer and good job with this one it is really well made. Looking forward to the belgian stout!

20200919_174713.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back