What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
👍 What's the Houblon-ish? I have a few litres left of the Pale if you fancy a beer swap?
It was an attempt to brew something similar to Houblon Chouffe, as below:

3.500 kg Pilsner
0.300 kg Granulated Sugar
0.150 kg Melanoidin
0.100 kg Caramunich I

5 g Magnum @ 30 Minutes
25 g Hallertau Mittlefrueh @ 20 Minutes
25 g Saaz @ 20 Minutes
25 g Hallertau Mittlefrueh @ 1 Minutes
25 g Saaz @ 1 Minutes
25 g Hallertau Mittlefrueh Dry Hop
25 g Saaz Dry Hop

Fermented with Wyeast 3522 - Belgian Ardennes

I wish I had some of these left to swap, but I'd love to try yours and I'm sure I have something else Belgian if you're interested? Maybe a bretted pale ale?

It was an attempt to brew something similar to Houblon Chouffe, as below:

3.500 kg Pilsner
0.300 kg Granulated Sugar
0.150 kg Melanoidin
0.100 kg Caramunich I

5 g Magnum @ 30 Minutes
25 g Hallertau Mittlefrueh @ 20 Minutes
25 g Saaz @ 20 Minutes
25 g Hallertau Mittlefrueh @ 1 Minutes
25 g Saaz @ 1 Minutes
25 g Hallertau Mittlefrueh Dry Hop
25 g Saaz Dry Hop

Fermented with Wyeast 3522 - Belgian Ardennes

I wish I had some of these left to swap, but I'd love to try yours and I'm sure I have something else Belgian if you're interested? Maybe a bretted pale ale?
Hmmm that recipe looks interesting, I might have to give that a go.
Bretted Pale sounds great, my next brew I'm going to try the Orval clone recipe in 'Brew like a Monk'. Well I plan to split the batch and add the Orval dreggs to half the batch and compare the difference. Message me your address and I'll get a bottle in the post this week.

Latest brew is based on a beer I had at the start of lockdown. Cream ale grist with Crystal hops in the boil & Sorachi Ace dry hop,coriander & orange peel fermented with German ale yeast. Crisp easy drinking beer, orange aroma, lemon orange flavour..tasty but if I brewed it again I may reduce the orange peel a little.

IMG_20200919_222002.jpg

Busy day in the garden and brew shed.
Enjoying the last of the summer sun.
The boss is enjoying a summer cider of mine while I'm willing my latest lager to clear, the taste is there but will it clear, will it hell as like ☹
Still I'll persevere 🍺🍺

Attachments

• 20200920_162546.jpg
    20200920_162546.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 57
Been for Sunday lunch with the good lady to a boozer on the wolds that was a proper drinkers pub back in the 80's but is a bit more refined now. Pint of Theakstons unpasteurised keg Pale ale. Ok, but a bit dull. Then a real ale, a pint of Great Newsome Sleck Dust, which was nice as a session ale or with food. Nice and refreshing, bit not a huge amount to it.

Been busy, was going to get more brews on the go but decided to stagger them,

Have these for this evening.
Wife beater,
Lidl merlot.
Lidle strawberry and lime cider,
American IPA also from lidl.

IMG_20200920_172630094.jpg

The IPA is something I am keen to try along with other ale types you bearded pipe smoking home brew types rave about lol.

Wish me luck 🤞😃👍🍻

had a bottle of bierra morreti left in the fridge, it's terrible tastes like the hieneken 0 which is actually surprising.

moved on to an oud bruin.

20200920_160416.jpg

Been busy, was going to get more brews on the go but decided to stagger them,

Have these for this evening.
Wife beater,
Lidl merlot.
Lidle strawberry and lime cider,
American IPA also from lidl.

View attachment 32901

The IPA is something I am keen to try along with other ale types you bearded pipe smoking home brew types rave about lol.

Wish me luck 🤞😃👍🍻
I don't Smoke a pipe and I'm usually just roughly shaven...what time are you battering the Mrs?

I don't Smoke a pipe and I'm usually just roughly shaven...what time are you battering the Mrs?

She gets home from work around 20:30.
Your not too far away so may hear the screams 😜😂.

Had three cans of wife beater, and may try the IPA next so she should be ok 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back