What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of the night for me is @pilgrimhudd Steam beer. I have never actually had this style so looking forward to it.
It pours a really nice light red with a white head which lasts the full glass, carbonation for me is spot on.
Taste I am getting light biscuit/toastie malt, mouth feel is very good. This is a new one for me, I had a quick ready of the style. It's an ale brewed using a lager yeast at ale temps.
You do get the clean profile from the yeast backed up with the bitterness from the hops.
Thank you for sharing this with me, it's not a style I would probably brew myself. Really enjoyable and a well made beer 🍻
IMG_20200920_193900646.jpg

Busy day. Don't worry I brought refreshments.

First a wheat beer from the father in law, dated 2016! A kit wheat beer with extra sugar going by the note attached. Tasted of rank fizzy water and went straight down the drain.
IMG_20200920_121943.jpg
Next up a Polly's which tasted of pine trees, quite nice.
IMG_20200920_132634.jpg
IMG_20200920_144545.jpg
IMG_20200920_142202.jpg
IMG_20200920_154149.jpg

The Moor and Puhaste were both solid beers, not much between them.

My favourite was the Tiny Rebel CLWB Tropicana, but unfortunately I'm allergic to pineapple and had to give up mid beer as it was about to kill me.

Don't spoil her too much...

Well the house is tidy and theres a sunday roast in the oven :D

I've tried the IPA,
The first thing that hit me was the grapefruit aroma which seemed odd,
It's not my usual tipple but I'm drinking it and may grow on me.

IMG_20200920_193754087.jpg

Next up, Milestone brewery Little John. Sort of brown ale, but with late new world hops. Not too sure about this one. I've only got the single bottle, unfortunately as I think I really need another one to decide if its any good.

IMG_20200920_191201.jpg

First of the night for me is @pilgrimhudd Steam beer. I have never actually had this style so looking forward to it.
It pours a really nice light red with a white head which lasts the full glass, carbonation for me is spot on.
Taste I am getting light biscuit/toastie malt, mouth feel is very good. This is a new one for me, I had a quick ready of the style. It's an ale brewed using a lager yeast at ale temps.
You do get the clean profile from the yeast backed up with the bitterness from the hops.
Thank you for sharing this with me, it's not a style I would probably brew myself. Really enjoyable and a well made beer 🍻
View attachment 32916

Cheers mate, glad you enjoyed it. For me they are nige enough that I enjoy them but not enough to want to brew again in a hurry, although I probably will.... My wife said this one tasted of ashtray.

Cheers mate, glad you enjoyed it. For me they are nige enough that I enjoy them but not enough to want to brew again in a hurry, although I probably will.... My wife said this one tasted of ashtray.
I didn't get ash at all. I can understand stand where you are coming from. As I came to the end I wasn't enjoying it as much as the start. It's always good to try.

....his brother does.

Pedant alert.

He was actually his uncle, I believe. Or cousin. Can't remember which, but the present day Sam Smith's brewery was originally purchased for John Smith by his dad. Over time, he expanded next door to the present day John Smith's site, and subsequently gifted the old brewery to Sam Smith.

I need to get out more..... :laugh8:

Next up a double NEIPA by kinnegar 7.8%
Had this before, again it's really nice. The plan is to float into bed tonight. I did 63 miles in the bike this morning and I can't feel my ball's
View attachment 32925

Beaut of a day for it, well it was down here anyway. Just the 26 miles for me today, getting back into it after 18 months off with a slipped disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back