What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elstedentocht*. A Cooper's Euro lager kit. So gone with a Dutch name.

Nice enough, no head but crystal clear straight after bottling.

* - I regularly speak online with a lot of Dutch and one of the most interesting things I have learnt from them was about the Elfstedentocht. It's a very rare race that only occurs when the canals ice over. Elfstedentocht - Wikipedia

Attachments

• IMG_20201003_174742_947~2.jpg
    IMG_20201003_174742_947~2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 75
a green bottle of hops galore, a bit sad it's oxidizing. sorry @samale I sent you a bottle today. still tastes good though.

20201003_180008.jpg

Elstedentocht*. A Cooper's Euro lager kit. So gone with a Dutch name.

Nice enough, no head but crystal clear straight after bottling.

* - I regularly speak online with a lot of Dutch and one of the most interesting things I have learnt from them was about the Elfstedentocht. It's a very rare race that only occurs when the canals ice over. Elfstedentocht - Wikipedia
the race that may never happen again with the changing climate these days.

I had half a bottle left so topped it up with lemonade and made a shandy for Mrs Stu.

Attachments

• IMG_20201003_182913_673~2.jpg
    IMG_20201003_182913_673~2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 80
this was a nice surprise a 5.0% California common stashed away in the corner of the kegerator. it's much better after a couple months lagering, might have to give this another go soon. just need to learn some patience. nothing spectacular but like a fresh bottle or old speckled hen, hits the spot.

20201003_183836.jpg

I'm having a couple of 3 Rabbits hoppy IPA that I brewed ages ago and wasn't overly impressed. I'm still not convinced by it but it's not too bad. I bought a couple of bottles of Zlaty Bazant that I spotted in Lidl yesterday for tonight, but I sank them last night instead 🙂

Started the night with @Hazelwood Brewery Bitter. Sure is tasty, crystal clear as usual with your beers. Low carbonation, not much of head but suits me for a Bitter. Breast, toffee and caramel flavours with a good level of bitterness. Really enjoyable beerView attachment 33613
Yes,I agree it's s tasty beer...although I feel a little short changed as yours also has "breast" flavour...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back