What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredibly quaffable saison from @Leon103
Lovely mild saison character and dry finish.
The 6% abv is nowhere to be seen.
:hat:
20201008_173546.jpg

Another couple of woodfordes bure gold to wash down this takeaway

Goose Island Matilda 7% Belgian style Brett number. From Tesco online of all places.

The bottle gushed more than an Oscar winner's acceptance speech but the few hundred ml left behind was really very good. Complex, fruity, not too sweet with an underlying leathery charactee from the brett. The latter definitely adding character without taking centre stage and ruining it for everyone.

I've never liked wines that have a definite farmyardy brett flavour but this was different. Must investigate further.

sad day today, trying out hazelwoods cardamon saison and it poured out flat...

however I still drank it and it was quite delicious. has a very nice saison spice in the aroma. flavour is spicey and fruity, kind of an orange, lemon and mango fruitiness. surprisingly malty as well which is likely due to the lack of carbonation. I don't really know what cardamon tastes like but there is something uniquely spice like there. overall it is really good even flat, but I could imagine it was spectacular with carbonation. Sometimes you eat the bear and well sometimes the bear eats you.

20201009_153558.jpg

Does anyone know if @Hazelwood Brewery is OK? It's 5 o'clock and he hasn't poured a beer yet 🤯

I’m here. Grand-daughters birthday so we’re up to eyes in partying - I’m taking a short breather from tearing up the dance floor 😂. So far I’m in for 1 Cardamom Saison (mine is carbonated 😉 ) and three Summer Breeze IPAs. Will catch you all in a while:hat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back