What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a bottle of aldi Saint Etienne lager then a bottle of lager from my 5 year out of date wilko kit i brewed for 4 weeks with some new mangrove jack's Bavarian lager yeast M76.
I didn't hold much hope out for it since I struggled to get the temperature down .
Also thought i may of put it in the shed too early after carbing up.

I'm shocked and stunned.

IMG_20201024_192230109.jpg
IMG_20201024_192309842.jpg

IMG_20201024_192326450.jpg

This has improved immensely since it was bottled a short while ago.

I'm slowly getting there with kit purchases, brewing and stock and thanks to @Chippy_Tea @terrym
@LED_ZEP @kelper to name a few for tips and advice.
Well appreciated.

Good evening lovely people! :hat:

Went to visit friends last night (we’re still allowed at the moment) and didn’t get home until the early hours, a bit worse for wear. Not seen them since January so had some time (and drinking) to make up.

This evening we went out with another couple of friends but I was driving so didn’t get the chance to drink. Home now and it’s lashing down so I’m making do with some drinks I have in the house;)

A937A681-0BD9-4554-B7AB-FA7FE35ECBAE.jpeg

Having an IMP stout tonight and I must say this is definitely a fireside ale for a cold winter night taken cold from the fridge with coffee and chocolate strong on the nose with a thick and almost syrupy mouthfeel. As it warms there is a fruity note with a warning feeling subtly making you aware that this is a sipper with bitterness and sweetness side by side on an almost equal line on your pallet until the warmth of the alcohol let's you know who's boss but on a nice way.
One of the few IMP stouts I've had and shall not be my last.
Cheers @samale

Forgot to add the star of the show
IMG_20201024_222819.jpg

Last edited:
@Patrick_Newing amazing situation!
There was a large stack of them at our local Lidl.
I may have to go back and check, if there are still some left I'll top up.
I can't believe how good it is for sub £2.
... not trying to gloat :hat:

Having an IMP stout tonight and I must say this is definitely a fireside ale for a cold winter night taken cold from the fridge with coffee and chocolate strong on the nose with a thick and almost syrupy mouthfeel. As it warms there is a fruity note with a warning feeling subtly making you aware that this is a sipper with bitterness and sweetness side by side on an almost equal line on your pallet until the warmth of the alcohol let's you know who's boss but on a nice way.
One of the few IMP stouts I've had and shall not be my last.
Cheers @samale

Forgot to add the star of the showView attachment 34590
Glad you enjoyed it 😊
It's definitely one for the open fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back