What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer Breeze

🎶makes me feel fi-hine...🎶

660EFADA-B831-4BD5-A261-C190C813872E.jpeg

A drop of 18 month old Coopers Irish Stout. Just think 35 years ago we used something called "heading fluid" which I think was derived from tree bark!

Attachments

• 20201025_175750.jpg
    20201025_175750.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 26
I am trying something @Gerryjo swapped with me. Not sure what it is, no details only that one bottle is 9% and one is 8.2%. it pours and drinking like a dry Rose wine with a nice fruity aftertaste. Really interesting to try something new 👍👍
IMG_20201025_202536888.jpg

@Patrick_Newing amazing situation!
There was a large stack of them at our local Lidl.
I may have to go back and check, if there are still some left I'll top up.
I can't believe how good it is for sub £2.
... not trying to gloat :hat:
Four stores later and I managed to find eight cans, snapped those buggers up.

I am trying something @Gerryjo swapped with me. Not sure what it is, no details only that one bottle is 9% and one is 8.2%. it pours and drinking like a dry Rose wine with a nice fruity aftertaste. Really interesting to try something new 👍👍
View attachment 34625
That'll be the one with the CML wine yeast as it initially to be around 17.4% but split it between 2 demijohns topped up with AJ and came out @9%.
The other is a similar mixture of mixed berries as is that only fermented with CML cider yeast but oddly I found them tasting similar.

That'll be the one with the CML wine yeast as it initially to be around 17.4% but split it between 2 demijohns topped up with AJ and came out @9%.
The other is a similar mixture of mixed berries as is that only fermented with CML cider yeast but oddly I found them tasting similar.
I am still sipping away in front of the fire 👌

Edwardian IPA - originally a Barkley Perkins 192-something recipe that I subbed #2 invert for the original #3, and all the hops for First Gold. It's very nice. CML Pia yeast. The hob is filthy as I haven't cleaned up after the Sunday roast yet. :laugh8:

IMG_20201025_210616.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back