What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pass. 🙂 Should have been 1098, I think, bit I'm not using liquid yeasts at the moment. I think it was all I had in, or I might have wanted to use a yeast that would let the hop flavour come through as it really was a vehicle to try First Gold out.

Back on the beer. Black Belgian rye IPA.
Fruity and spicy. Interesting beer
IMG_20201025_213527992.jpg

IMG_20201026_174139.jpg

First up... received this morning from Pennine.
It's a SAISON! with all late additions of Idaho 7 and azzaca.
Bottle opened with a loud POP! Super carbonation as as I'm drinking...great head retention.
Bitterness is very smooth. Great fruit and pepper aroma carried through to the taste...I'm getting sweet pineapple!
Colour...well you can see...it matches the taste...
I'm no beer judge but I know what I like...I like this!!
Super beer Pennine! Thanks for sharing!
I hope my offering is at least half as good.

View attachment 34647
First up... received this morning from Pennine.
It's a SAISON! with all late additions of Idaho 7 and azzaca.
Bottle opened with a loud POP! Super carbonation as as I'm drinking...great head retention.
Bitterness is very smooth. Great fruit and pepper aroma carried through to the taste...I'm getting sweet pineapple!
Colour...well you can see...it matches the taste...
I'm no beer judge but I know what I like...I like this!!
Super beer Pennine! Thanks for sharing!
I hope my offering is at least half as good.
Glad you liked it! It's a hazy saison courtesy of the royal post.

Full recipe is here, give me a bit and I will post the water. Idaho 7 and Azaaca are both full of pineapple.
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/pennines-brewdays.86123/post-939570
Also you could skip the rye and add 20% wheat if you don't have it.

Well I bottled this yesterday and it's already fully carbed and absolutely fantastic! This is the M76 version and the smoothness and low pH from the lager yeast are amazing. I would highly recommend brewing and IPL or should we call this an East of England IPL. Delicious..

A couple other points dry hopping at lower temps for 2 days really seems to accentuate the fruitiness. Janish is really onto something. Secondly Olicana
Really is tropical and Lemon drop is like a lemon hard candy, they are really good together.

20201026_182838.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back