What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fuzzy were abouts in rivington is this brewery
Does this help Rod, they do have a website too
Screenshot_20201107-092444.png

Coincidentally last night I was drinking an Oatmeal Stout made from malt bought from Skinners brewery, the kind folk there let me buy 25kg bags of Muntons pale.

Coincidentally last night I was drinking an Oatmeal Stout made from malt bought from Skinners brewery, the kind folk there let me buy 25kg bags of Muntons pale.
Aaaah cool.... We was in there 3 week ago.... There was nuts everywhere 😂 and the beer was really good, cool place

Lushingtons, and Porthleven are both nice pints. Just found out Skinners now have a drive through service :cool: I might take a walk down there and take a look.

Lushingtons, and Porthleven are both nice pints. Just found out Skinners now have a drive through service :cool: I might take a walk down there and take a look.
Lucky you to be in walking distance, don't suppose you know James from red elephant bottle shop?

I don't personally but I've been there a few times fecking awesome little set up!! ..My wife likes Cornish Gin, wife goes there = wife is happy wink...

Tasting @Clint 's CCC IPA

Pours a nice orange copper colour, a bit hazy with a nice white head that lingers.
Aroma is piney green hoppiness, orange citrus and maybe a hint of floral.
Taste is a nice hoppy bitter punch up front, a citrus mix of orange and grapefruit which leans more to the orange. It's very light on the palate and it fades quick leaving a nice piney resin with a bit of green. It's balanced toward the bitter side of things, but there is a nice maltiness there, it's rich a tad sweet and a bit of caramel shines through.
Overall this is a really nice drinking IPA that has surprisingly more body and flavour than I was expecting with the lower session level ABV. You did a really nice job with keeping the hops nicely balanced with the malts, again it's classic American hoppy but expected in this style (I am assuming you were shooting for the west coast side of things with the C hops).
Nice job, my glass is empty before I am done typing and I wish I had some more to enjoy. I don't really have much to critique or feedback to give this was really good from the aroma to the finish. I really like how light on the palate it was and how the bitterness was firm but didn't linger very long at all. I wish I could brew a session beer as good as this.

20201107_125528.jpg

Testing out my Amarillo wheat, aka poor attempt at a gumballhead clone.

It's pretty green still but good. The wb06 really gives it some hefe character that does actually give it a gumball flavour. It's also a bit clovey with some banana. The dirty Amarillo is fading and it's actually quite enjoyable.

20201107_133924.jpg

Apparently I am the only one drinking this early today.. only half glasses after clint's.

So a small snifter of the everything good in the the world. Wow these flavours are coming together. I am trying to find the maple and am having a little difficulty although the vanilla is really nice. Lots of chocolate, bourbon and oak and of course alcohol. Really pleased with this one and I'd say this is a good size serving. If I had to guess I'd say it's in the 15% range.

Also carbonation is just perfect, low and silky smooth. I am glad I used F2 when bottling. I will definitely use it again for higher ABV beers.
20201107_141640.jpg

Apparently I am the only one drinking this early today.. only half glasses after clint's.

So a small snifter of the everything good in the the world. Wow these flavours are coming together. I am trying to find the maple and am having a little difficulty although the vanilla is really nice. Lots of chocolate, bourbon and oak and of course alcohol. Really pleased with this one and I'd say this is a good size serving. If I had to guess I'd say it's in the 15% range.

Also carbonation is just perfect, low and silky smooth. I am glad I used F2 when bottling. I will definitely use it again for higher ABV beers.
View attachment 35159
15%🤬

Morning campers. Just dragged myself out of bed. Checked the bin to see what id had. Low and behold. This one last night after a carry out to help out from my local mico brewery and tap. Moonface.
This wasnt bad. A can again. Easy drinker. Lidl i think. 1.79.

Attachments

• 20201106_204552.jpg
    20201106_204552.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back