What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have them in my garage. 👍
One recommendation let them cool down in the refrigerator before opening the are carbed on the high side and I think I have a bit of hop creep going on. One I opened when it was warmer went a little crazy in the bottle.

The flavours may blend and balance given a little more time? The cardamom saison starts as a confusion of competing flavours but mellows nicely in time.
I hope so they would be really fantastic then, I also think I am being a little picky and had no problem finishing it off.

Making bottles... Not a hardship with this wine. I haven't got enough for my oaked rhubarb wine. Have ordered some bag's and boxes, but will still be slightly short by my reckoning. Can I bottle wine (short term) in 75Cl beer bottles with crown caps?
View attachment 36119
Don't see this as a problem. If you get a little effervescence, this may be a good thing with this style. Not likely though, if you are storing it in a garage or similar, at this time of year.

I am drinking a Simcoe and Centennial US style beer pitched 4 October. This is quite understated by the style, but tastes great.

Last edited:
One recommendation let them cool down in the refrigerator before opening the are carbed on the high side and I think I have a bit of hop creep going on. One I opened when it was warmer went a little crazy in the bottle.
I will be posting a couple over next week sometime. I have my Brett dark winter Saison for you to try plus a hazy IPA I wouldn't mind a second opinion on👍

Don't know how it's possible to consume beer after the night I had but it's going down too easy 😂
IMG_20201122_164153_331.jpg

It's a bit cold tonight so I figured a christmas stout was in order. This is getting better everyday still a bit eatery from m15 but it's rounding out and getting smoother.

20201122_170758.jpg

Don't see this as a problem. If you get a little effervescence, this may be a good thing with this style. Not likely though, if you are storing it in a garage or similar, at this time of year.
Thanks, thought it would be ok, but good to have some reassurance. It read really dry on the Hydrometer a month or so back. Since then, it's been bulk conditioning on the oak chips and I havent seen any airlock activity in that time. I'll drink the crown caps first, then the boxes and will leave the bottles to mature for a while.
athumb..

I still have a couple of pints of my Citra Pale. Took this photo a little earlier when I was about to transfer my wort to a fermenter.

2BC88A09-0F99-4E45-82A6-94A43C471EF4.jpeg

The King Keg of Citra Pale is now on my kitchen worktop to make room in the brew-shed for my American Pale.

I have to say I quite like having a keg of beer so close but I think if I suggested making it a permanent feature my wife might put on her frowny face. 😂

684CFB7A-DB7F-4003-83D7-48586511B89D.jpeg

Can I bottle wine (short term) in 75Cl beer bottles with crown caps?

I was looking into this recently, if you're going to be drinking your wine fairly young then it's fine,
I used 750ml swing tops,
( This is presuming your wine has fermented out and/or been stabilised )
Seems the whole idea of corks allowing the wine to breathe is a bit of a myth, makes sense since the whole idea of preserving wine is about keeping oxygen out.
I read somewhere that the benefit of a cork is that it has a residual amount of air within it which is very slowly released somehow ( I'm not too scientific ! ) aiding the way the wine matures.

I'm a sucker for a cold bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale - must try and brew something similar as a change to
all the IPA's I seem to drink !

IMG_2020-11-22-17-53-54-131.jpg

I used 100g the last time in an IPA. It wrecked the other 200g of hops I had in the beer

For me they’re not the best (though I stupidly keep trying them!) and they completely overpower everything else. I also find it takes a long time for a beef with Amarillo to condition.

If you find a good use for them, let me know. I also have some!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back