What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Developing a liking for this. Any recommendations for similar beer that's not too obscure or difficult to find?
_20201124_183530.JPG

I’ve just done something *really* stupid!

For the first time ever (and I hope the last time ever!) I was pouring a pint when the beer fell to the level of the tap and gas escaped at high pressure. I reacted by immediately closing the tap except, and I suspect you’re ahead of me now, I FULLY OPENED the tap and sprayed the brew-shed (and myself) with half a gallon of Saison!

So to my list of jobs tomorrow, I need to remove all the kegs and wash down the kegs, shelves, and floor. FFS!!! 🤬

Am I the only one stupid enough to have done this?

PS It also made my saison cloudy!

View attachment 36289
Nope never happened to me.... Probably only because I don't have pressure barrels.

I did use to use picnic taps on kegs for when I had more than 3 on, one time the picnic tab didn't shut off and dumped about 15l of beer in my modified chest freezer.

Trying a few from my local brewery time and tide in Deal. The chocolate stout is outstanding!

Attachments

• 0715FDE5-4B4D-4538-A574-606FE1590CF9.jpeg
    0715FDE5-4B4D-4538-A574-606FE1590CF9.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 0ADAEE64-BF96-4ED1-A3AE-C47BF66E8ADA.jpeg
    0ADAEE64-BF96-4ED1-A3AE-C47BF66E8ADA.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 44
Chimay blue or westmalle dubbel

Edit oh wait that's the red beer not sure about that, but still try the above.
Will look out for the chimay blue. l'm already a fan of westmalle dubbel, might have one of those later in fact...

I’ve just done something *really* stupid!

For the first time ever (and I hope the last time ever!) I was pouring a pint when the beer fell to the level of the tap and gas escaped at high pressure. I reacted by immediately closing the tap except, and I suspect you’re ahead of me now, I FULLY OPENED the tap and sprayed the brew-shed (and myself) with half a gallon of Saison!

So to my list of jobs tomorrow, I need to remove all the kegs and wash down the kegs, shelves, and floor. FFS!!! 🤬

Am I the only one stupid enough to have done this?

PS It also made my saison cloudy!

View attachment 36289
No your not H i did it 2 days ago and the barrel was half full, when the glass was full i turned it wrong way dont ask

ah captain twinkle toes that one I think, I’ve not tried that one yet

No, not that one, I don’t remember trying that one. I’m talking about “Bouncy Bouncy Elephants”. I remember describing it as a really strong vodka and orange, then add passion fruit until it’s too much, and finish with something sweet but I can’t remember what it was - maybe mango?

E719B6F1-EFA2-4E23-BF9E-193D30CD952D.jpeg

Their “Manfred” IPA was quite nice too.

Edit: Found it!

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/what-are-you-drinking-tonight-2020.86686/post-947052

Last edited:
Got a few cans and a new glass from our local brewery No Frills Joe who also runs a homebrew club(pre lockdown anyway). They have recently started canning and offer local delivery within an hour so treated myself. Nice crisp Lager whilst watching a bit of Champions League footie.
IMG_20201124_193106.jpg

Got a few cans and a new glass from our local brewery No Frills Joe who also runs a homebrew club(pre lockdown anyway). They have recently started canning and offer local delivery within an hour so treated myself. Nice crisp Lager whilst watching a bit of Champions League footie.
View attachment 36299

Found them - 50 Wakefield Rd. Is it good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back