What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While cooking up a Spaghetti Marijuana, a couple of Timmy Taylor Bolt Maker clones won't go astray.
This was going to be my next brew but the 'Yorkshire Terrier' has jumped the queue.
001.JPG

Weizenbock by @pilgrimhudd :

TLDR: Nailed it 👍🍻

20201127_212744.jpg

First Impressions - Bubblegum aroma leaps out the bottle! Decent head on pouring - it didn't stick around so well but lacing was pretty good.

Colour - Dark reddish-brown

Aroma - Bubblegum

Carbonation and mouthfeel - Carbonation is probably a bit low for the style (I'm guessing) but absolutely spot on for me, not too gassy. Pretty substantial mouthfeel.

Taste - I get bubblegum (rather than banana or clove that you might expect) followed by some really nice fruity esters, all supported by a firm malty backbone. There's an impression of sweetness but I think it comes from the esters rather than the malt. But in any case there's enough alcohol to cut through it.

Overall - BJCP says "A strong, malty, fruity, wheat-based ale" and that's exactly what this beer is. Even though I'm not familiar with the style, a class act like this speaks for itself. It's full, it's rich, it's warming - it's a perfect beer to sip on a cold winter evening 👍🍻

Weizenbock by @pilgrimhudd :

TLDR: Nailed it 👍🍻

View attachment 36496

First Impressions - Bubblegum aroma leaps out the bottle! Decent head on pouring - it didn't stick around so well but lacing was pretty good.

Colour - Dark reddish-brown

Aroma - Bubblegum

Carbonation and mouthfeel - Carbonation is probably a bit low for the style (I'm guessing) but absolutely spot on for me, not too gassy. Pretty substantial mouthfeel.

Taste - I get bubblegum (rather than banana or clove that you might expect) followed by some really nice fruity esters, all supported by a firm malty backbone. There's an impression of sweetness but I think it comes from the esters rather than the malt. But in any case there's enough alcohol to cut through it.

Overall - BJCP says "A strong, malty, fruity, wheat-based ale" and that's exactly what this beer is. Even though I'm not familiar with the style, a class act like this speaks for itself. It's full, it's rich, it's warming - it's a perfect beer to sip on a cold winter evening 👍🍻

Nice one, glad you liked it! Quite please with it myself but, like you, unsure of how it compares with others of the same style.

Now wheres the review of my pumpkin ale? 😁

How busy are they and are the customers and staff wearing masks?

Yes all the customers are but the staff ain't.
It's mental in there, loads of cheap stuff and rave tunes lol

Cheaper than meths this for 25p and its stunning

Nice one, glad you liked it! Quite please with it myself but, like you, unsure of how it compares with others of the same style.

Now wheres the review of my pumpkin ale? 😁
Is your recipe on you brewday thread? I like the idea of bubblegum in a wbock so I am curious what yeast you used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back