What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On taxi duty tonight ( picking up my middle daughter off train from Uni down in west country ) so
this intriguing offering from Badger will be waiting in the fridge for my return -
twice tangled double hopped IPA with WGV, Centennial and Amarillo.
IMG_2020-12-04-18-45-30-339.jpg

Had a delivery from one of the local breweries Little Ox Yaba Daba Doo, a very nice session IPA.

Looks very nice, not heard of Little Ox - I see they're in Witney not too far from me so another local brewery
for me to check out.
Also read today a new record/craft beer store is opening on the Cowley Rd, not far from the truck shop.
Something to look forward to visiting next year hopefully
BSM Social Club

Today's advent offering, a Snow Ball View attachment 36897

Nice cream soda aroma to it with a bit of malt. The flavour was the opposite, more malty with a creamy aftertaste. Fairly bitter too, which surprised me as I assumed it would be a smooth creamy beer. Not bad, but not great. Definitely interesting.
I've just finished this. It was like drinking Piz Buin and although I liked being taken back to an Ibiza pool side; as a drink....

I'm probably going to get some stick for this but...Old Rosie cut with lemonade and double strength squash...it's actually really nice, tastes a bit like that Koppaberg garbage...the numerous ales I had beforehand certainly didn't lower my standards...

I've just finished this. It was like drinking Piz Buin and although I liked being taken back to an Ibiza pool side; as a drink....
Spot on!

I'm imagining I've just freshly applied some Piz Buin and have gone for a sip of San Miguel with the smell of lotion still on my hands.

Day 4 and Siren have again switched from the dark back to the light. Tonight's offering is a gluten free session Ipa. The can mentions a few flavours I'm mostly getting the pine and some grapefruit. Sadly I think my can was at the back of the queue when the vanilla was handed out.
_20201204_215340.JPG

Happy Friday folks!

Couldn't resist opening one of my bottles of American Mocha Porter. It's been carbing for 2 weeks in the utility room, followed by a day in the fridge. Wow - delicious! Hints of coffee and chocolate. It will only get better over the next few weeks while clearing and conditioning in the loft.

Attachments

• IMG_20201204_233724.jpg
    IMG_20201204_233724.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 46
Couldn't resist opening one of my bottles of American Mocha Porter. It's been carbing for 2 weeks in the utility room, followed by a day in the fridge. Wow - delicious! Hints of coffee and chocolate. It will only get better over the next few weeks while clearing and conditioning in the loft.

Sounds lovely! Could you share the recipe?

It's the Youngs American Mocha Porter 30 pint extract kit. It's highly recommend it.

I've not made the transition to AG yet, but have a couple of AG small batch kits from Oak Homebrew to try out after Christmas.

Ahh that's great, I've never tried a kit, but I have defo been tempted at times. 👍I'll have a look at this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back