What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice bottle of Triple. I had planned to share this bottle with someone, but as we are in tier 4..had it for myself 😂
IMG_20201219_202958.jpg

Next up @dave_77 Belgian pale ale.
Pours a golden straw colour, excellent clarity with a really good carbonation
Aroma I am getting very light sweetness like honey with a little spice.
Taste wise it's very well balanced with mild bitterness. Again it's got some sweetness and light spice
Overall this is a very good beer, very different to the one I sent you. I would be very interested in seeing your recipe. Not sure what hops or yeast you used.
Thank you again and merry Christmas
View attachment 37847
Glad you liked🍺 looking forward to tasting your version
Here is the link to the recipe
https://share.brewfather.app/VeYYhmSpwD9ATz

Next up is @Pennine American wheat.
It pours a lovely hazy golden colour with a high carbonation.
Aroma I am picking up some orange and citrus, bready malt, sweetness. It has something strange in the background. I checked the bottle you have used a mix of us05 and wb-06. I can definitely pick out the wheat beer yeast.
Taste is very similar to the aroma. It finishes very dry on the palate. Not sure but in my mind I think it should drink like an IPA but the wb-06 kicks it in a different direction.
Over all very interesting beer to try out. I am not very well experienced in the style. Always great to share
View attachment 37834
Yeah, I probably should have gone with the us-05 only but I was a bit curious to see if you could pick out wb-06 if you used at 10% of the yeast pitch. I can also as it drinks like a bit like a hefe yeast with all this other stuff going on. I also think some of that strange thing going on in the background is Amarillo, it has this weird sharp mushroom earthy bitterness to me. Not a big fan and I probably will never use it again. It was a fun recipe, this is the 3rd time I have done a similar recipe and everytime it has that Amarillo funk.

Onto a Verdant Marylou now. Smells delicious, Passionfruit with a bit of peach and pine. Fluffy head, smooth bitterness. Dank, fruity and piney taste. Very nice.
IMG_20201220_123642.jpg

I swear it says it's a pale ale and not a neipa though. Is there any difference with these hoppy beers anymore? They're all thick and murky.

I tried my first sea fury today, it was quite delicious. Definitely will steal @Hazelwood Brewery s recipe one of these days. Do you have one that you think was the most accurate?

Moving onto my chinugget IPA that was supposed to be a clone of arrogant ******* but ended up with something else completely. It's very nice, bitter, woody and creamy. And red.

20201220_153235.jpg

I tried my first sea fury today, it was quite delicious. Definitely will steal @Hazelwood Brewery s recipe one of these days. Do you have one that you think was the most accurate?

Moving onto my chinugget IPA that was supposed to be a clone of arrogant ******* but ended up with something else completely. It's very nice, bitter, woody and creamy. And red.

View attachment 37866

Not for Sea Fury - yet. I have had a first attempt but mine is far too fruity at this stage. The beer is still quite young so I’ll see how it develops over the next month and then revise the recipe. At some point I’m hoping to get close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back