What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I tried S&N 1698, it didn't sit well with me was sharp and dirty tasting. Not a big fan. Only have about 5 left for the list. It's been a fun little project.

Current rankings:
Shepherd and Neame Christmas Ale
Fuller's Vintage Ale
Old Crafty Hen
King Goblin
Old Peculier
McEwans Champion
Fullers ESB
Fullers 1845
Old Tom

20201227_155503.jpg

Tried first bottle of my Trappist single after a week in the bottle. Nicely carbonated. dry easy drinking Belgian. Second time brewing this beer, really like the ease of drinking like a lager at 5.7% with a noble hops and a subtle Belgian yeast character
View attachment 38418
Did you post your recipe somewhere? Might brew one of these tomorrow.

So I drank about half the 1698 and dumped the stout and moved onto this delicious little gem. Then I looked at the abv and it's 7.5%. No wonder it has such flavour! It's pretty similar to that recipe I stole from @strange-steve

View attachment 38427
If you like pikantus step up to the next level and grab an aventinus from schnieder & sohn. (granted pikantus is available in waitrose)

If you like pikantus step up to the next level and grab an aventinus from schnieder & sohn. (granted pikantus is available in waitrose)
Thanks for the rec, I had too Google both names even though I am drinking one of them :). I will try to get a bottle. I am wondering if it may show up in my case from Germany I ordered?

IMG_20201227_163156_650[1].jpg

My August 2019 SAISON! - Delicious - aged well. (it was crystal clear until I caught a bit of yeast trying to be greedy :-(

IMG_20201227_172539_748[1].jpg

It's like I bought a bottle of my risky business 3. Which is both encouraging & dissappointing. It's also made with.......

IMG_20201227_173814_093[1].jpg

oh yeah - its underpasturised too, like they tried to but failed.

It's possible then that this might be my last post wink...

My favourite last post would be the one in Ypres. Very poignant.

Personally I think bas***d sugar goes better with fu**ing malt and sod**ing hops.

Last edited:
Lyles golden in a belgian, super interesting idea.

And thanks!
I read somewhere that golden syrup is a type of inverted sugar, similar in make up to Belgian candy sugar and is easier for yeast to ferment than normal table sugar..I didn't have any Belgian candy syrup so thought I would give it a try. I may have got the wrong end of the stick but seems to have worked ok as far as I can taste😁

Sloe wine. This years late august picking. First time making and tasting it. Really like it, it will probably improve with time (15 bottles to go). Can’t remember recipe, but nothing fancy. Have got a smaller 1 gal batch on the go at the moment from a November picking using the Brewbitz recipe (looks gross), so will be good to compare.

I read somewhere that golden syrup is a type of inverted sugar, similar in make up to Belgian candy sugar and is easier for yeast to ferment than normal table sugar..I didn't have any Belgian candy syrup so thought I would give it a try. I may have got the wrong end of the stick but seems to have worked ok as far as I can taste😁
Yup its the poor mans candi sugar. seeing as I have bought up most of the worlds supply of the real thing. fnar fnar. 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back