What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next up 😊
IMG_20210225_211707898.jpg

This is really interesting. It's called a pilsner but it's bouncing with hops. Motueka and Riwaka new Zealand hops.
It's got the brain going. I have a beer on the boil with cascade and citra. The plan was to add Pia yeast. Could I add Czech pilsner yeast and ferment as a lager🤔

Delivery from Norfolk today - thought I'd remind myself what I'm aiming at. Not as complex as I remember from 15 years ago, but back then it was served from a cask on the bartop in the Cambridge Blue.

Actual_Wherry_Feb_2021.jpg

Moving along to @Hazelwood Brewery Belgian tripel. This should slow me down.
Pours with low carbonation with a light white head. Golden, again excellent clarity
Aroma, nice sweet malt, with spicy pepper with a bit of orange
Taste again I am getting orange but it changes with each sip. Peppery with light sweetness. Nice bitterness
Over all out of the three beers you sent I am enjoying this the most. No alcohol present at all, lovely Belgian aroma and taste. Drinking your beer makes me start to think about how much carbonation I am putting into my beer. I know you keg but it's food for thought.
Cheers again 🍻
IMG_20210225_220217524.jpg

Moving along to @Hazelwood Brewery Belgian tripel. This should slow me down.
Pours with low carbonation with a light white head. Golden, again excellent clarity
Aroma, nice sweet malt, with spicy pepper with a bit of orange
Taste again I am getting orange but it changes with each sip. Peppery with light sweetness. Nice bitterness
Over all out of the three beers you sent I am enjoying this the most. No alcohol present at all, lovely Belgian aroma and taste. Drinking your beer makes me start to think about how much carbonation I am putting into my beer. I know you keg but it's food for thought.
Cheers again 🍻
View attachment 42085

That one is dangerous. Easy drinking, beautiful beer, and strong!

Few late night tunes but need to drive first thing. The ghost ship is passable, the Heineken well tastes like the bad bits of Heineken

20210226_010351.jpg

On this hot sunny day I’m resisting the temptation to go straight to a cold Pilsner - don’t want to be predictable 😉

I’m starting with a pint of Not Summer Breeze but I have to say the aroma is not overly inviting, the hop flavours are muted, and there isn’t much of a maltiness to compensate. I might even dump this batch along with what’s left of the suspect malt (about 2Kg).

8B339007-8C52-43BD-B8F7-AC66F15A5C4A.jpeg

On this hot sunny day I’m resisting the temptation to go straight to a cold Pilsner - don’t want to be predictable 😉

I’m starting with a pint of Not Summer Breeze but I have to say the aroma is not overly inviting, the hop flavours are muted, and there isn’t much of a maltiness to compensate. I might even dump this batch along with what’s left of the suspect malt (about 2Kg).

View attachment 42102
Any beer I don't fancy I give them to boys in work. No taste puds but if it's free beer then they are happy

Whilst my helles is mashing....

West Yorkshire IPA (Sam Smith India clone). 17 days in the bottle, almost cleared. I bottled a little too early and probs over pitched with slurry. Turns out my thermometer was reading too high so my first 5 brews all mashed at closer to 60c, so this v.dry

I need to get a bottle of the original to compare. Its not where I want it to be but....
20210226_154118.jpg

I had a Beer 52 box arrive so am starting off tonight with a Buxton Brewery NarGil described as a Coconut Pastry Stout. It’s not bad, does seem a tad thin compared to what I would have expected and the coconut is quite pronounced. Overall I will be finishing the can but have no great desire to purchase any more of it.

D0F8C74D-5675-4FA0-B260-D2840FD28663.jpeg

Again from my Beer 52 box Bristol Beer Factory’s Espresso Martini Milk Stout
C8DF3FFE-9706-49A0-8ED3-B2BA0694C3CE.jpeg
It does actually remind me of an espresso martini, nice coffee flavour and overall decent but I still think that Bristol Beer Factory standard Milk Stout is superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back