What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally managed to get my first brew of 2021 on today. A St Peters cream stout kit tweaked with 3.5l of cafetiere coffee, 350g lactose and a 100g of 90% chocolate. Omitted the packet of hops.
Celebrating with the third last bottle of my previous St Peters cream stout kit.
View attachment 42194
That sounds rather good, do you just pour the coffee straight in alongside the malt extract?

after a few katys i'm on a half pint of my barley wine which i kegged yesterday. 10.9%. doesn't at all taste like that strong a bevvy. only a 12L brew and one bottle is getting sent out to another forumite. must ration the rest.

Just tapped into a mini keg of a Woodforde's NOG kit that's been sat at 8 psi for a week. It's as close to a real ale as I've had in the 11 months since I was last in a pub. :beer1:

after a few katys i'm on a half pint of my barley wine which i kegged yesterday. 10.9%. doesn't at all taste like that strong a bevvy. only a 12L brew and one bottle is getting sent out to another forumite. must ration the rest.
Although it sounds counter intuitive I have found kegging strong ales to be really beneficial as means you can draw off a small glass. I find a third of barley wine can be a nice way to finish an evening.

As for what I’m drinking a pint of my GW Top Dog Stout Clone (actually my second)

5A020FCB-A118-4011-9DFE-69A1559F4A3E.jpeg
This finished at 1.011 and comes in at 4.5% it is slightly sweet but has a nice flavour from the roasted barley just a good session stout.

That sounds rather good, do you just pour the coffee straight in alongside the malt extract?
Yep that's what I did, tested it with a can of Murphys as a substitute for the St Peters and 1:5 seemed a good spot to give a nice coffee roastiness. So ended up with a bit less than 4 in a 20l brew.
350g of lactose was a slight increase on what I used last time and 100g of 90% was based on a recommendation on here...
Link

Last edited:
Started the night with @Leon103 pilsner V3. Very tasty Lager 👍🏼 herbal hop aroma. Head is still covering the beer and I have been drinking it for nearly an hour and it's very clear with good carbonation. Nice bready malt flavour , crisp with good bitterness . Lemony/herbal hop flavour. Really enjoyed it😊 cheers for sending with the Brew off DIPA🍺
IMG_20210227_181631.jpg

Started the night with @Leon103 pilsner V3. Very tasty Lager 👍🏼 herbal hop aroma. Head is still covering the beer and I have been drinking it for nearly an hour and it's very clear with good carbonation. Nice bready malt flavour , crisp with good bitterness . Lemony/herbal hop flavour. Really enjoyed it😊 cheers for sending with the Brew off DIPA🍺View attachment 42216
Very clear seeing that it only landed on your doorstep this morning. Slowly getting used to my counter flow filler

Another one from Cellar Head brewery. It's nice but to be honest I've got a keg of pale ale that tastes pretty much the same in the shed
IMG_20210227_185108.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back