What are you drinking tonight 2021?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

stubrewworx

Reaction score
GH Altbier. 2 weeks in the bottle. Lovely colour and clarity, cleared really well and fast. Not too malty and noticeable esters from the windsor yeast. Nice.

stubrewworx

Reaction score
Not a big fan of lagers but these 2 caught my eye.
first opened is the unfiltered, brewed with wheat malt and has coriander in it. Very very nice light and refreshing.
Nice. I managed to pick up a few of the brown label star from an offy in rhos on sea. Very random, but very nice.

Donegal john

Regular.
Reaction score
Nice. I managed to pick up a few of the brown label star from an offy in rhos on sea. Very random, but very nice.
I went into an off licence I never go into to pick up some wine and seen them and at 2 for £4 I had to see what they were like.

Hazelwood Brewery

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curiously, I’ve managed to get through life without having had one of these. I know!

It’s nice but maybe a bit dry and lacking in Belgian esters?

65B0D0B8-E4B4-45CE-9940-3F73F26028EA.jpeg

Donegal john

Regular.
Reaction score
Don't be holding out. Where did you pick them up🤔
Aye leave me to do all the leg work sure 😂
Got them in longs off licence on strand road. Went in for wine and seen them among the coors and bud light bottles in the fridge. They were actually cheaper then 2 big bottles of Heineken

Last edited:

StoutWolf

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gin barrel aged saison, from Thornbridge and Firestone. That my friends, is lovely
Agree 100% I had a bottle a couple of months back and immediately bought a couple more to keep for a sunny day!

pilgrimhudd

Landlord.
Reaction score
Working tomorrow so just having the one tonight ( maybe two...). This one is @samale ipa and my kiwi pils on the left.

I know nothing about the ipa, it's very drinkable. Pours with a decent head, lacing all down the glass. A golden colour, slight haze. Mild citrus aroma. Hop forward obviously, quite piney/resin, medium bodied. Well carbed. I've thoroughly enjoyed it, it's not one I'm going to shout from the rooftops about, but would I order another? Most certainly! Thanks for sharing!
20210305_200838.jpg

RPeters

Reaction score
Agree 100% I had a bottle a couple of months back and immediately bought a couple more to keep for a sunny day!
Absolutely, bought a mixed case from Thornbridge and I’m very pleased there’s two more bottles for me.

Latest posts