What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HB
What do you mean by real Vienna?

During lockdown, Homebrew suppliers struggled a little with their own supplies. Vienna malt in 25Kg sacks ran out but suppliers had some repackaged Vienna in 5Kg bags. I ordered a couple but they were not Vienna, I suspect they had been mislabelled. My Summer Breeze ale brewed with this grain came out darker and tasted very different.

OK, you talked me into it 😂

CAE52F86-2162-4103-9326-8C0667C0A1B8.jpeg

Blood orange Ale going down very nicely, even if Leeds didn’t get the win I wanted.

Attachments

• ACFF2F81-F401-4D06-A6F5-E7F5093671A0.jpeg
    ACFF2F81-F401-4D06-A6F5-E7F5093671A0.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 52
Alright still no homebrew for me for a few more months. So now time to try out the locals. A nice mix of chinook and mosaic. I never thought to mix them but they make a nice combo. Spicy, dank and some sweet tropical fruit. Very good.

PXL_20210309_005153206.jpg

So it's my birthday in March and a mate of mine sent me these 10 assorted beers from Dhillon"s Brewery!

63603477954__19DAF264-AC5B-463D-85B9-9C39E2DD1FCA.jpg

This is the first time EVER that Bill has laid out money for a birthday present so, whilst I was being thankful and consuming the first two cans, SWMBO was wondering if my mate had won the Lottery: and phoned his wife up to check up on his mental health!

Needless to say, the ten cans are now history and I've still a few more days to go before my birthday! Not to worry, I've taken the trouble to order 48 cans of Hazy Jane from Brewdog to keep me going until I can start brewing again!

Looks the part. How's it tasting, I have one planned soon. Just need to free up the brew fridge
Yeah I'm happy with it so far. Used the quick lagering method and it's been in the keg 9 days. Tastes clean enough, has a light fruitiness from the malt I think when it warms up. Used MJ Bohemian lager yeast and has cleared up very quickly.

Yeah I'm happy with it so far. Used the quick lagering method and it's been in the keg 9 days. Tastes clean enough, has a light fruitiness from the malt I think when it warms up. Used MJ Bohemian lager yeast and has cleared up very quickly.
I have a Saison and a black IPA planned for the weekend. Plus I need to bottle my doppelbock. Need to get the stocks back up.
The black IPA could be the first beer I keg all going well. 👍

Last edited:
I have a Saison and a black IPA planned for the weekend. Plus I need to bottle my doppelbock. Need to get the stocks back up.
The black IPA couple be the first beer I keg all going well. 👍
Some nice beers planned 👍🏼 time for another swap soon😬 I have got a lighter coloured Belgian pale that will be kegged this weekend before brewing the BYO Kernel export Indian Porter clone recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back