What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some nice beers planned 👍🏼 time for another swap soon😬 I have got a lighter coloured Belgian pale that will be kegged this weekend before brewing the BYO Kernel export Indian Porter clone recipe.
Sounds good 👍
I got some of the wyeast 1214 to try as well. Maybe brew a Trappist single with that. Have you ever used Abbey malt, I was going to use it in the recipe. I thought it was like a stronger version of biscuit malt but it saying it gives some chocolate note's. Not sure now I might leave it out.

tonight it's a new one for me to start off with. a new one which will be got again.
IMG_20210310_154250_1.jpg

a mouth feel which lingers along with the suitably dark malty flavours. think this is also my first 'nitro' can.

Had this “in stock” for a couple of years picked it up in York at the House of the trembling madness a great little bar and bottle shop. Leffe Ritual 9% I don’t think they brew it now.
🍻
they still do, much easier to get across the river. they have a royale and a triple all around 9%. A good gateway beer to the serious stuff wink...

Sounds good 👍
I got some of the wyeast 1214 to try as well. Maybe brew a Trappist single with that. Have you ever used Abbey malt, I was going to use it in the recipe. I thought it was like a stronger version of biscuit malt but it saying it gives some chocolate note's. Not sure now I might leave it out.
I have never used Abbey malt before, is it a similar EBC to biscuit. I have used the Belgian biscuit a number of times and does seem to add the more dry biscuit type flavours. That Abbey malt sounds sweeter/fruitier end. Sounds good for dubbel or pale.

I have never used Abbey malt before, is it a similar EBC to biscuit. I have used the Belgian biscuit a number of times and does seem to add the more dry biscuit type flavours. That Abbey malt sounds sweeter/fruitier end. Sounds good for dubbel or pale.
I was just doing some research on the style. I was using this as a guide
Make Your Best Trappist Single
Geterbrewed don't do biscuit but I could sub with Melanoidin malt. Wyeast 1214 I might add some crushed coriander seeds. Still a couple of weeks away, I want the Saison in the brew fridge first. It will have s quicker turnaround. I spend more time reading about the beers than it takes to make them 😃

I was just doing some research on the style. I was using this as a guide
Make Your Best Trappist Single
Geterbrewed don't do biscuit but I could sub with Melanoidin malt. Wyeast 1214 I might add some crushed coriander seeds. Still a couple of weeks away, I want the Saison in the brew fridge first. It will have s quicker turnaround. I spend more time reading about the beers than it takes to make them 😃
That's the guide I used👍🏼

Sounds good 👍
Talking of Wyeast1214 it's in the Saison I'm currently cracking open. It's remained cloudy but it is heavily hopped with Sorachi Ace, and will probably go clearer with a little more time. This is the first time I've used 1214 and it's sour and snappy, very distinctive!

Attachments

• 16154045570138699483373179418013.jpg
    16154045570138699483373179418013.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 33
I really like these. Tried for similar flavours in my latest tweaked kit brew. Had a sample earlier, gravity is higher than I expected, but taste is encouraging. Might have to leave it longer than I thought.
_20210310_193459.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back