What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at the planning stage for the evening. Last episode of Unforgotten, then a German pils (AG, and a little mount Vesuvius on opening) followed by a mild (AG, Twisted Barrel I think)

I’m starting today with a DIPA from @dave_77 who just popped round for a beer swap. He said the DIPA probably wants drinking first so I’m doing as I’m told (He’s just left and probably not even got his car started yet! 😂 ). Anyway, back to the beer, which is 8.1% by the way...

It’s nicely carbonated and after a few seconds the head settled down to a light blanket and stuck around. I like the golden colour of this ale, very nice. The beer is almost clear with a slight haze which I think is actually more attractive in this beer and gives it a really nice “sunshine in a glass” feel.

View attachment 44677

The aroma is quite tropical, a little citrus, there’s just a hint of cereal I think but it’s quite subtle and my nose can’t distinguish what it is - I’m guessing oats but I haven’t seen the recipe so I could be wrong.

The flavour is tropical and citrusy so matches the aroma. There’s just enough sweetness to make the fruit sing but the beer doesn’t taste sweet. The bitterness is also nice, it’s quite robust but suits both the ale and my taste - one of the things we discussed over a quick half in the garden. There are no off-flavours at all and I wouldn’t expect any in one of Dave’s beers.

At the end the bitterness backs off a little and is nicely balanced leaving an overall fruity and dry finish.

The one thing that’s missing is any clue that your focus will be f***ed after drinking this beer - 8%? 🥴

Beautiful beer Dave, thank you!

I’m off for a lie down... 😴
Cheers for the comments. Good to see you again and thanks for the beers..can't decide what to start with but they are chilling now😁🍺

I was going to have a night off the beer tonight but after @Hazelwood Brewery offered my a Bitter earlier I have taste for another. So onto a German Pilsner from @Hazelwood Brewery .
Nice clear pale lager with plenty of carbonation. Bready malt and fruity noble hop aroma Great head retention, been in the glass for 15 mins while putting the kids to bed and still a nice covering. It's really smooth tasting and highly drinkable. Soft mouthfeel & mild fruitiness from the hops I think. Doesn't seem to have a high bitterness, probably for me I would like slightly more bitterness.
Very nice drinkable lager. Cheers mate 🍺🍺
IMG_20210406_190459.jpg

One of my visitors over the weekend brought me a couple of bottles of Hobgoblin in a gift pack. This is the Gold and I don’t think I’ve had this before, or maybe not in a bottle. The first couple of sips were a little disappointing after reading that it’s loaded with lemon and lime zest but getting past the marketing hype it’s quite nice.

819E26FE-8FC1-48F0-BC97-4E9FE896C728.jpeg

One of my visitors over the weekend brought me a couple of bottles of Hobgoblin in a gift pack. This is the Gold and I don’t think I’ve had this before, or maybe not in a bottle. The first couple of sips were a little disappointing after reading that it’s loaded with lemon and lime zest but getting past the marketing hype it’s quite nice.

View attachment 44693
The original was very nice...it was made with Nelson Sauvin. I'm sure I got an email off them "suggesting" a recipe...

chucked this in the online shop virtual trolley.
IMG_20210407_154504_1.jpg

i'm getting the coffee coming through but not picking up much of the suggested chocolate. it is really rather pleasant however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back