What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While we have blazing hot sun (where I am, for now), I’m going to enjoy a beer in the garden. Time to finish my old batch of Summer Breeze now because I want the keg and the tap for a stout that will be ready on Wednesday.

6A130AC8-431A-404E-B48D-217DB58EDD5D.jpeg

I’ve also just realised it’s Friday - yay! 🥳

While we have blazing hot sun (where I am, for now), I’m going to enjoy a beer in the garden. Time to finish my old batch of Summer Breeze now because I want the keg and the tap for a stout that will be ready on Wednesday.

View attachment 44830
I’ve also just realised it’s Friday - yay! 🥳
Is it retirement or too much summer breeze that makes you forget the days of the week ? Or possibly a dangerous slip into old age ? 😜

Is it retirement or too much summer breeze that makes you forget the days of the week ? Or possibly a dangerous slip into old age ? 😜

😂 I like to think it’s me gradually getting the hang of retirement, letting go of those things that don’t matter any more (days of the week) and enjoying the things that do (beer, relaxing in the sun).

...or it could be old age!

😂 I like to think it’s me gradually getting the hang of retirement, letting go of those things that don’t matter any more (days of the week) and enjoying the things that do (beer, relaxing in the sun).

You are bang on Mr H coming up to 4 years since i retired ( no i am not 69 ) athumb.. i don't bother what day of the week it is they are all the same, and the best thing is sunday driving in the rush hour :laugh8:acheers.

Lucky you. I can only do that when I’m on holiday
My thinking while on holiday is
Eat when hungry
Drink when thirsty
Sleep when tired.
pretty much how I see my eventual retirement going

Lucky you. I can only do that when I’m on holiday
My thinking while on holiday is
Eat when hungry
Drink when thirsty
Sleep when tired.
pretty much how I see my eventual retirement going

I just had a little nap actually, a 10-minute power nap before tackling my next pint. I was woken by a bloody great bumblebee taking an interest in my empty glass, now refilled.
Cheers! acheers.

1DC9356A-FC0B-42CA-A56D-8A31CC38A859.jpeg

So I’m not entirely sure what to call this one. Bottled it just now and naturally I've put the part bottle in the fridge for tasting lol.

I’ve gone with Pineapple Cyser if that’s what it is? It’s 3 and 1/2 lbs of honey, topped up with apple juice, and frozen pineapple in secondary. Came out at 13.3%

The nicest thing about this one is the colour - absolutely stunning sunshine yellow. And it’s bloody nice too if I say so myself! 😉

78D2BA0B-0F32-41D9-B914-8AD4B94F4464.jpeg

So I’m not entirely sure what to call this one. Bottled it just now and naturally I've put the part bottle in the fridge for tasting lol.

I’ve gone with Pineapple Cyser if that’s what it is? It’s 3 and 1/2 lbs of honey, topped up with apple juice, and frozen pineapple in secondary. Came out at 13.3%

The nicest thing about this one is the colour - absolutely stunning sunshine yellow. And it’s bloody nice too if I say so myself! 😉

View attachment 44844
My mouth is watering just looking at those bottles. 😋
Almost clocking off time for me clapa

My Weiss n Easy. Grain to glass in 2 weeks using the Pinter. Did have more head but it sat around while I took refractometer readings. Comes it at 5.6%, not the best tbh, the last iteration was probably better, but there are differences... used the yeast slurry from the last in this one, used a bit of acid malt, plus full tap water rather than 50% ash beck, also gave this one more time fermentation and condition, but it drinks....
10ADD8E3-7AFF-494C-9B7E-19DC87D09336.jpeg
A187B04D-71A8-43CC-B7B0-C1ECB53A84F1.jpeg

View attachment 44844
Does this improve much with ageing I have made mead on a few occasions which while I find can be very pleasant I tend to find doesn‘t truly come into its own without a couple of years of ageing, so the idea of a mead like drink ready in weeks rather than years is certainly appealing.

I don't know it's only 6 weeks old lol. But I've put a tablespoon of glycerine in it so there's no 'green' whatsoever. it's a godsend that stuff!

You're probably right though it'll get better with age. I've put one away for a year like I've done with all my flavours :D

Just found a 2L bottle of Stout bottled 21st March 2020. Includes 500g Roast Barley and a 900g jar of Marmalade.
Just having a very cheeky early taster for the evening - soooo smooth. Must be well over 6%, though, so best not swill the lot down before I make the tea tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back